What is the most painful thing you've been told?

Inspired by this video I just watched
https://youtu.be/Dr10kEq-eu4

(I cried when I watched this, the last one had me fucked up)

The most painful thing I've been told is when my mom was mad at me (can't remember why) and she told me that I'm a demon and all I want to do is make our family suffer.

Updates:
I think when my mom came home a around a year ago and told me - "(blank) died this morning, we need to go to school to check on ur sister to make sure she's fine." Was more painful, especially the way she worded it cos I thought she was joking.
MHO?

0|2

Most Helpful Guys

• Ayee, I just watched that video yesterday too! 👌 Man some of their stories made my eyes water! :') Brace yourself...

I was always the "new kid" in schools because I moved so much. I was used to joking around and easily fitting before I moved. But one school was wayyy different. It wasn't at all like my previous school. It was 90% African American school but I grew up in predominantly White/Hispanic schools. I noticed most everybody there was trying to be a gangster and act hard. I didn't share any of those characteristics so to them I was the perfect candidate to bully.

Since I didn't fit in, some of who I thought were my friends would tell others that I was "the most annoying person in the world". That made nobody want to talk or hang out with me. Tired of being alone, I decided to be purposefully annoying to people so I would at least get some attention rather than none. I would annoy people just so they would interact with me. I know I kinda was asking for this but people would (on the regular) tell me that I was ugly and to kill myself and that nobody loved me. I didn't know the extent of the words then but now I know that they were just sinking down into my subconscious thoughts. I believe that's what stemmed my anxiety.

1|0
    0|0
  • My mom told me that a relative that I really admired passed away. Hadent cried fr ove 4 years but that night I did. I had just thought of him the evening as I was walking home

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Compared to some of the things people have said both in the video and in the comments, mine is nothing. The most painful thing anybody has ever told me was that I wasn't going to make it in life and accomplish my dreams. I know I should disregard it, but it's different because it came from my own father. Multiple times.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I am adopted and I am ugly

1|0
    0|0
  • When I was in “love” for the first time and the girl broke up with me saying “I only wanted you for photos and money, fuck off”

That pretty much ruined me 😅 also when my dad said some stuff but I’d rather not share that

4|3
    0|0
  • My mom told me I was better off dead, and I was a mistake a few times. It was really painful the first time but the second and third time didn't hurt as bad.

3|2
    0|0
  • Well, their are not so many words that hurt me. I was abused in every way imaginable when I was young so after that words where not really nearly as painful. However, my foster/adoptive parents, said some things that hurt, and hurt me by not saying others I suppose. My mother told me that my desire to be a teacher (I had a really good one, a science teacher, who really inspired me and I wanted to be able to do that for others) was unrealistic. She kept nagging me over and over again about what I was going to do in life then immediately shot down and belittled any thing I suggested. Then she would ask me again. Finally I ran out of everything else, and I told her my deepest fantasy, that I wanted to write. She looked me dead in the eye and asked me what I really wanted to do because me wanting to write was like a little girl wanting to grow up to be a ballerina, it would never happen (which I knew, that's why I went with teacher which didn't seem nearly as far fetched (apparently they though, and still think, that I was to stupid to be able to do it)). She then suggested I be a mail man. At that point I became a deer in headlights and couldn't decide what to do. Ended up dropping out of school and just been the failure they always told me I would be, ever since. Probably wouldn't have been so damaging if it where not for the abuse from before and their constant beating me down.

That or when one of my teachers thought I might be suffering from depression she said I'd just have to deal with it because she wasn't going to pay for another pill (they had said I had ADD and where giving me pills for that). A real winner that one.

Though its what people don't say that hurts the most honestly, the keeping you on the outside, friendly enough to you but your always stuck as an outsider where they make it clear you don't belong and your not wanted but they never quite say it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Wow! can see people release some of that negative emotion. Words are like swords! All of this comes down to... I'm not loved, I'm not respected... deep wounds.

my father said "you aren't that good". he was drunk, he was right, but it hurt deep. I had lots of others. words.

1|0
    0|0
  • My alcoholic father once told me I was the reason he drank. Said I was a disappointment. You’ll notice that was all in past tense, because when I was 15 his liver failed and he bled to death internally. I never got to resolve my issues with him, and I think that’s the worst part about it.

1|0
    0|0
  • My mom told me I'm a disappointment and that I'll end up alone in life that that is my punishment but she always says mean things everyday.

4|4
    0|0
    • You’re beautiful they all just scare you so you don’t achieve your full potential but rather be subservient to a man like how they received this conditioning.

Don’t listen or do everything opposite to Ill advice and fear tactics. Everything opposite !!

• My parents did that to me but I was so sentimental I cried and exhausted myself. I don’t want every sweet girl asking these questions to believe it.

You will get the destined one to love you Without you trying so hard , but first enjoy giving to yourself.

I had to learn that I’m being to eager to please as a cruel yet powerful reminder today.

• I can't think of anything right now, but for you that's terrible. I've been there, once my mom called me evil because I didn't like her boyfriend (who was an asshole to begin with), but she was on drugs at the time, so I didn't really take it to heart.

2|1
    0|0
  • My aunt when i was 4 pulled me into the laundry room at my first family get together and said her sister my mum should of never adopted me and that my birth mother should of aborted me... stuck with me all these years but jokes on her I love my mum that adopted a unwanted baby and my Aunts own kids don't want her anywhere near them.

I do feel pity for her though... she is all alone and will die alone with no one to miss her.

1|0
    0|0
  • I was extremely depressed and suicidal when i was 14. I had severe issues with schook but was always, always trying. I had a meeting with the schoolboard. They told me i was a waste of resources and was a failure and would always be a failure. That I was so worthless i wouldn't even get into highschool and that i would be lucky if i wasn't working on the streets or died on them by the time i turned 18. They basically said some other great stuff too

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm still trying to cope after hearing Santa Claus isn't real

4|1
    0|0
  • The most painful thing I've been told is by the doctor when she told me that my mum was diagnosed with the last stage of cancer. I didn't know what to do and I really hoped I was in a dream and I would wake up. I stammered over my questions and tears just start welling in my eyes. It's like your world just crashed and everything went downhill

0|0
    0|0
  • Feb 19th, 2018. when I was told after speeding to the Hospital, that my Wife of 37 years tied from the Trach plugged up and they could not clear it. ( which I feel was bull shet) having been a Medic for a number of years.

2|2
    0|0
  • "You know what? Fuck your attitude *Compares me to everyone* You're just so lucky how patient your parents are and you've hurt them quite enough. I would've abandoned you. You're rude AF" Coming from my aunt just because I didn't wanna have a small talk with her and no one cared about that. I hate small talks and what am I suppose to do? Change for her?

1|0
    0|0
    • I get that. I don’t want to be making small talk to my nephews and nieces who I maybe see once a year. I also don’t want to be spending my money on them. So I don’t! I now go on holidays! 😆

• My aunt told me I'm a queen of failure and daughter of devil, useless and worthless person, crazy, psychopath and retarded.
    My neighbor said that I'm two faces.
    My classmate once told me- I don't want to be your friend :(

1|0
    0|0
  • When ever I disagree about some BS my parents use to spew at me, they say get the fuck out my house and don't come back, or go live with those fucking friends of yours and see where they get you, hahahaha fun memories no wonder people tell me I have anger issues

0|0
    0|0
  • Damn, dude my mom called me the devil once because I wouldn't go inside a store with her (this was like a decade ago). She more recently called me an angel.. She's hot and cold like that. I try not to take what anyone says to heart.

1|0
    0|0
  • That my girlfriend that I was starting to dream about having a family with had to leave me. It was something I knew was going to happen very likely because her family simply didn't allow someone like me with her and they began putting a lot of pressure on her to get married before I could do anything to help her out of there.

Well it was two years ago now and it's still hard to believe sometimes that she isn't mine other than in heart.

Another difficult one to hear has been multiple things my mom has told me about her life and the day she told me that she would be dead if it wasn't for me.

1|0
    0|0
  • "I'm glad he broke your heart. You don't deserve to be loved since you're a selfish monster"- My abusive ex after he found out my partner after him dumped me.

1|1
    0|0
  • When I was around 9 or 10, my grandgradma had a stroke right in front of me. She didn't die but the 112 was called (basically 911 in North America). I really wanted to go see her but everytime I was told that I was too young to go. Finally, my mom told me that the following Thursday I could go. I was so happy... only for, on said Thursday, when my mom came to pick me up from school, and I excitedly asked if we were going now, she turned to me and said "I'm sorry (------), the hospital called. She died today".

1|1
    0|0
  • When I think about it, nothing. Maybe hearing my best friend for more than 5 years suddenly telling me she didn't want to talk to me anymore and using an excuse for that.

1|0
    0|0
  • My ex asked for a break and told me we were pregnant. We met up a week or so later, she told me she no longer wanted a relationship, various things got said about the kid. I felt like she was marginalizing me from things, especially when she said she expected custody for first 3 years and she'd set the times i could see my child.
    It ended in miscarriage. At the time, amongst a feeling of grief there was an amount of relief as i saw the next 18 years being a long drawn out battle for a fair arrangement for the kid to see both parents and families. I hated myself for feeling that, and i blame my ex in part for pushing me to that place

1|1
    0|0
  • My mom telling me that she had all those plans and was not even planning to have children anymore when she got pregnant with me, my classmates in high school sending me a "love letter" on Valentine's day (which is my birthday too) that literally said "You're annoying", the only guy I was ever brave enough to approach telling me I'm "too tall for his taste" (we were like same height), some middle school bullies telling me to go kill myself when I had actually tried said thing some 2 times before. Yeah, people are assholes.

But I find people I care about ignoring me way worse than anything anyone could ever say.

1|1
    0|0
  • That a much younger family member that I realy liked, died in a realy stupid accident when he was 12.

1|1
    0|0
  • the golden gong can't make Chinese fired rice for a week

2|1
    0|0
  • I don't remember tbh
    At this point I don't care either
    Don't expect shit from people and their won't be any reason you'll be disappointed

1|0
    0|0
  • No one will love you like this and you will die homeless.
    Thanks dad. You're still right

1|0
    0|0
  • "You are under arrest"

1|0
    0|0
  • “I know where you live”

1|0
    0|0
  • "Love isn't enough."

1|0
    0|0
  • That I can't have kids

1|1
    0|0
  • That i am terriost isis

1|0
    0|0
  • That I have never been good enough.

1|0
    0|0
  • Ohh feel sorry for you : (
    That's so mean.

0|0
    0|0
    • people say mean shit when they're angry and I'm not an easy kid lol prolly deserved it🤷

• Yea that's true. Even the sweetest people
      but nah i don't think you deserve what she said at that time lol

• I finally brought up the courage to tell my mother I was suicidal and she started commenting how I'm ''just trying to manipulate her'', ''overreacting'', asking me if i was going crazy and stuff like that. Let's just say that didn't help the situation. We have a better relationship now though.

1|0
    0|0
  • After helping a friend ( girl ) from sexual assault , she told me after some days we should not be friends anymore , situation had changed.
    Even though I had done nothing wrong she broke the friendship 😔

1|0
    0|0
  • What I’ve verbally been told in person?

My friend ran away with her step dad to be with him as a girlfriend. My friends mother was devastated. Her son got killed around the same time, her husband threatened to kill her and take away her home, he called the swat team or something so they investegated her home and she was innocent from start to end.

Last time I met my friend, she said she saw her and she dyed her hair etc. I met her step dad too. He’s terrible. When she graduated from highschool, he said “honestly I think she wasted her time.” My friend that left said that I was the one who inspired her to do good in school.

Online though, I read how a daughter went missing only to find out she was raped and killed by a man who was possibly never found. I imagined the pain her parents and siblings must’ve had. Breaks my heart

1|1
    0|0
  • The doctor telling me there is a very slim chance that I can ever have a child.

2|1
    0|0
  • (I text her she replies) “I don’t want to fucking talk to you anymore”

1|0
    0|0
  • There is no heartbreak like when someone you care about hurts you.

It was so bad my mom couldn't even tell me. She just broke down. My schizoaffective sociopathic brother wanted to kill/rape us. He had everything planned out, and had the means to. But I am alive today because of one person's vigilance. When my mom told me, she just cried. Told me my older brother had a plan to kill my family and rape my mom and I, my dad and his caregiver were getting the details from him so me and my little brother had to go with her so we wouldn't have to overhear it. She told me everything, all the details. I think she was just in shock. My little brother doesn't know everything he wanted to do, his plan and everything.

I was 13. After that? I just... Shut down. I blocked everything out for 2 years. Only one emotion. No happiness. Just a sadness I couldn't shake. I never got excited. Never smiled. Then one day everything broke free, and I felt it all. Every missed emotion for 2 years and that day. I'm still struggling with my ptsd. I'm 19 now. It was the most painful thing I've ever been told. Your brother wants to kill your entire family and rape you after you're gone. It's just.. Incredulous. I still can't comprehend it.

2|2
    0|0
  • Doctors have given up and my mom needs to go ASAP ( my grandma died night)

2|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes