How would you react if your new s/o handed you a list of rules for your relationship?

How would you react if your new s/o handed you a list of rules for your relationship?
What would you do if your SO handed you a list of rules for your relationship?
What would you do if your SO handed you a list of rules for your relationship?

1|1

Most Helpful Girls

• Ask if he is joking. If he is not joking end it right there.

1|0
    0|0
  • WTF is that? Control freak anyone?

1|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Laugh my ass off and say good luck to you

1|3
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Who would want to be in a relationship with a girl this controlling? I wouldn't even want 5 minutes in bed with someone that sick!

14|18
    2|0
  • Holy! Fuck! What? There literally are no words right now...
    *sitting, thinking and trying to comprehend that ridiculous list of rules*
    *five minutes later*
    Yeah, still don’t even know where to start...
    Jesus! That’s insanity.
    That girl is going to be in for a rude ass awakening one day and I wish I could be there to see it.
    If I was handed a list of rules I’d laugh in his face and tell him he should bend over so I could help him file that list where it belongs, deep up his asshole.
    Even in my teenage years I was never this fucking crazy. It’s hard to believe that girls are this fucking insane, because you have to know if ones done this shit then thousands have.
    I would love to have a conversation with the guy that this list was made for. I’d want to know what exactly was so freaking special about her that she 1) thought she should compile this list of absurd rules and 2) why the fuck does it look like he might have actually gone along with it and perhaps signed it? (That little loop with the page folded at the bottom)
    And some of these rules, 😂
    You have to tell me you love me once a day so I know you’re not messing around...
    if you have to make someone tell you they love you then I’m gonna go ahead and say they’re just doing it because you’re a psycho bitch that will KILL YOU if you’re even around another girl. What the fuck? Someone needs to talk to that girls parents, they did a shit job or preparing her for reality.

1|4
    0|0
    • 6d

There is so much about this I don't get. But I understand her more than him! She is insane oukey I get that, but he accepted this! I don't get that, he is miles worse.
      I would love to be there when she eventually gets a dose of reality too.
      I would give her a list too! My special list...

• I would make my own list!
    It would be something like this:
    1. All guys numbers are to be deleated from your phone. Especially your father's number! Your are mine now not his anymore.
    2. I don't care if a male teacher talks to you, you don't talk back to him. I don't care if you get detention.
    3. Friday is day to watch sports! Therefore you are to bring me bee and give foot rubs during the game and suck my dick during the interval.
    4. I better come before the game starts.
    5. If I find any new guys numbre I will break your phone in your head.
    6. Cheat on me and I will set you on fire.
    7. Your female friends are allways allowed to visit us, they are all hot so they can make themselves at home.
    8. If I say "on your knees" you say "I am yours to command my king"
    9. You will clean my house once a weak.
    10. You will cook dinner for me twice a weak. Besides Friday of course.
    11. You will tell me how awsome I am and how big my dick is at least once a day. At least!
    12. If we move together I am having a men cave and you are not enter, to ask what is in there or what I do there EVER!
    13. If you think this list is as ridiculous as I think your's is then good that is the idea!

2|3
    1|0
  • Lol where did you find this?
    This is the craziest thing ever. If a girl handed me this (except as a joke), I would refer her for therapy or dump her on the spot.

1|0
    0|0
  • A relationship where terms are on paper, instead of ambiguously in the air? Fascinating.

She'd have to prepare for a series of serious negotiations leading to the signing of a S. O. Agreement a la Sheldon Cooper! (evil laughter)
    How are you going to react if your new s/o hands you a list of rules for your relationship?

2|0
    0|0
  • She could just aswell give him a note with "I am a crazy control freak and do not expect me to trust you with anything" written on it. Would save her some time.
    If my boyfriend would do anything like that I would get out of the relationship asap.

1|4
    0|0
  • I’d say there is one rules missing on the list, then add to it, I’m not allowed to be your signification other, hand the list back and walk out. Some compromises or rules are ok but I’m not going to give up who I am for anyone. Part of being in a relationship is being free to feel like yourself. If you have to change or modify who you are you’re probably not in the right relationship for you.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd love to see her try to kill me. She'll be like Wile E coyote trying to kill the road runner.

Jokes aside, this woman is mental. I'm never dating someone like this. I'd rather be rejected by every other girl and live and die alone with cats than to date a woman like this.

2|3
    0|0
  • Don't walk... RUN! When I read thr title.. I assumed that the person was dating Sheldon Cooper. Then I read the PIC OMG😱

2|2
    0|0
  • I guess that depends on what it says.

Having some things spelled out isn't necessarily a bad thing.

A list like above would not fly with me.

2|3
    0|0
  • I was originally against it. But if you read the list most on the list are not unreasonable. Maybe she shouldn't call them rules though as that's kind of insulting. Maybe she should say these are things that really upset me please don't do them. And i wouldn't want to upset her. And if there's a point we don't agree on we can talk it out.

2|0
    0|1
  • I'd read through it and we'll have to agree on it together. If its something i don't agree with then we'll have to talk about that. But just about every relationship has rules but its good to talk about things bc if not, they'll be like "u never said that in the beginning of the relationship why do u have an issue with it now"

1|2
    0|0
  • Never had one and unlikely ever will. Thus I'll never have to worry about or deal with such a possibility. I heard that happened only because the guy cheated on his girlfriend and he was desperate as fuck to have her back. She sure humiliated him for being a cheater alright.

1|0
    0|0
  • Very badly , 1st. I'd memorize all those rules 2nd. eat the piece of paper that the list was written on and then 3rd. proceed to break every rule in no specific order.

2|0
    0|0
  • I would dump the list and also the guy. The rules in the list are ridiculous and borders on insanity. The person who made the list is really insecure and needs to get out and have a life.

1|1
    0|0
  • Laugh and shove the list at her while showing the bitch the door telling to pack her shit and gtfo.

Well id also take pictures of the list and post it to her family and friends.

Please do this girls it really saves us time when you throw up red flags like this.

1|1
    0|0
  • Drop his ass like a bad habit! This person is a controller and has low self esteem. The things I ask for in a relationship is loyal, respect, and for that person to be there for me. I expect them to make the right choices because we’re adults: NO EXCEPTIONS! But um, drop his ass and don’t look back. This makes me pissed off just looking at it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on what's on the list, I might end up agreeing with him.

Let's see he tastes his own poison.

2|3
    0|0
  • The hotter she is the more okay this is, she better rock his world. But he would never seriously think of having a true relationship with this girl. And would go into it knowing that after getting this. It would be a game of hide and fuck.

1|0
    2|0
  • probably leave. they don't see you as their SO but something that needs to be controlled and can't be trusted.

2|2
    0|0
  • If you were my brother, i’d beat your gf’s ass. End of. Please leave that crazy biiiiiittttchhhh 😂😂😂

1|3
    0|0
  • That depends entirely on whether they were reasonable "rules" and if she were willing to follow them, herself. However, most of the "rules" in the example you provided were quite unreasonable.

1|1
    0|0
  • I happen to like it when a girl knows what she wants

2|0
    1|0
  • This woman is mental and a huge control freak. Who would want to be in a relationship like this?

1|0
    0|0
    • 6d

apparently the poor guy who was handed this list. He signed the bottom too :P

• Show All
    • 6d

@ThisIsMyOpinion it looks like it lol see the bottom of the folded page

• 6d

In official documents usually there are two signatures. One from the person that made it and from the one that accepted it. I want to believe that it's her signature on the bottom and the place for his is blank... It probably isn't but let me be happy xD

• I’d laugh but as long as the details are not ridiculous then I’d probably be willing to comply. Some people are just more uptight than others 🤷🏾‍♀️ not always a bad thing

1|1
    0|0
  • I'd hand it back, throw a peace sign and go on my merry way. Probs take my sisters put for a meal or something lol

1|1
    0|0
  • Il use it as my toilet paper and give it back to him.

2|4
    1|0
  • I break up with them. Especially if they hand me this list. That just shows me Im fucking dumb for me being tricked by some psychopath who is ready to kill me whenever.

4|0
    0|0
  • The chick that wrote this probably has a mother just like her. They both take turns being emotionally manipulative to her father.

1|3
    0|0
  • I'd say : "Heh, NOPE! You can fuck the hell right off."
    Then I'd squat thrust and screech

1|1
    0|0
  • I feel like one of her low-key rules would be keeping him on a leash 😒it already sounds like she's tryna make him into a pet.

1|2
    0|0
  • Don't know who made that list, but it looks like pure psychosis.

1|2
    0|0
  • The only reasonable point is the one about going on dates. As for the rest, I sure hope she's as hot as she seems crazy.

0|2
    0|0
  • Depends what the list was.
    The list in the picture, i stopped reading at no.1, i'd walk away. My friends are my friends, that dosen't get dictated too me.

1|0
    0|0
  • If the rules were anything like in that picture I'd break up with him. That's mad controlling and nobody should be in a relationship like that.

1|2
    0|0
  • To hell with her! Give me that list and it will be the last time you see me. My friends are important to me, as my time alone. Try to limit it and there will be hell to pay.

1|2
    0|0
    • 6d

No one ever takes me away from my friends, even if they are "single girls", i get you

• 6d

@synicaldutch as it happens to be truth, i have also single female friends. I just dont see problem with it, friendship tends to be more important than stking your dick into them.

• based no that list i'd give them my own list. it would have one rule

1. you cannot be my girlfriend

1|1
    0|0
  • I think it would depend on the length of the list and how reasonable the requests were.

2|3
    0|0
  • Lol, why does she have something with single girls? He can cheat with taken girls...

1|3
    0|0
  • Depends on the list, but yikes, already broke up with her on the first rule alone.

1|3
    0|0
  • I must be weird but I would like it if he would give me rules like this, like this I know what I can do and what I cannot, it would make me feel like stressed cause I won't have to ask myself "can I do this? Is this ok? will he get mad if I do this?".
    So personally I would like it if my boyfriend give me rules like this.

0|0
    0|0
  • I get having a few rules (like no cheating, and spending some time together), but this is over the top!!!

1|2
    0|0
    • 6d

“No cheating” shouldn’t even have to be a rule. Just common sense lol

• Life's too short to deal with these bloody nutters. Peace mate, I'm out, etc.

3|0
    0|0
  • We aren't going to be together any longer. This level of control is toxic and I refuse to put myself in that situation

1|2
    0|0
  • Type up my own list:

1. Don’t be crazy.

Then write on it “you blew it” leave it for her to find and take off. I don’t need that kind of BS in my life.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would laugh, and tell her that if she ever felt like she needed a set of rules to feel loved and respected; it's because I wasn't doing my job well enough.

1|0
    1|0
  • If it's a D/s relationship then that's fine but for a regular vanilla relationship, you should probably get out of it fast. She seems like a controlling psycho. RUN.

1|0
    0|0
  • With that set of rules, i would counter with my own, including "sex any time I want. You dont get to say no"

In reality though I would simply leave her controlling ass..

1|0
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes