Is it true that a relationship without fights means no love?

Do arguments / fights really mean that the relationship has love? Is a relationship with zero fights a relationship with no love?

1434

Most Helpful Girls

• My boyfriend and I dont really fight, but we do have disagreements.

I think fighting (trying to be louder than the other person, believing you're the only one that's right, not being able to admit it when you've messed up) is totally unhealthy in any relationship, romantic or not.

Having a disagreement and a following discussion is perfectly healthy and should happen in a relationship. If there is a wrong person, that person should own up to it (I've definitely had to eat my words a few times), no matter how uncomfortable it is. The person who's right should not gloat or rub it in the others face. Just reach an agreement, happily agree to disagree, or decide to table the discussion for a later time (both people decide to do more research or the time and place for the discussion is inappropriate). Always treat the other person with respect, even if they aren't doing the same.

Without healthy discussion, I dont think there is really love. One person may be totally whipped, but it isn't love if you're unable to disagree with the other person and talk about issues, whether they're present or future issues.

• Fighting is important to the extent that only then do you really know who someone is.

How you are treated during arguments will say a lot about someone.

An argument can take place and you can still be treated with respect and vice versa.

If the respect is not there, than you know you have a more serious problem that whatever you are fighting about.

Most Helpful Guys

• Well people will make people made. If you don’t express it in some way, then it’s not healthy. Not violently... however when you disagree your going to argue depending the issue

• in my opinion I don't see it as no love. But, more about the couple not really being themselves. Like a fear of speaking the truth and being honest with the other.