Is it true that a relationship without fights means no love?

Do arguments / fights really mean that the relationship has love? Is a relationship with zero fights a relationship with no love?

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• My boyfriend and I dont really fight, but we do have disagreements.

I think fighting (trying to be louder than the other person, believing you're the only one that's right, not being able to admit it when you've messed up) is totally unhealthy in any relationship, romantic or not.

Having a disagreement and a following discussion is perfectly healthy and should happen in a relationship. If there is a wrong person, that person should own up to it (I've definitely had to eat my words a few times), no matter how uncomfortable it is. The person who's right should not gloat or rub it in the others face. Just reach an agreement, happily agree to disagree, or decide to table the discussion for a later time (both people decide to do more research or the time and place for the discussion is inappropriate). Always treat the other person with respect, even if they aren't doing the same.

Without healthy discussion, I dont think there is really love. One person may be totally whipped, but it isn't love if you're unable to disagree with the other person and talk about issues, whether they're present or future issues.

0|0
    0|0
  • Fighting is important to the extent that only then do you really know who someone is.

How you are treated during arguments will say a lot about someone.

An argument can take place and you can still be treated with respect and vice versa.

If the respect is not there, than you know you have a more serious problem that whatever you are fighting about.

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Well people will make people made. If you don’t express it in some way, then it’s not healthy. Not violently... however when you disagree your going to argue depending the issue

1|0
    0|0
  • in my opinion I don't see it as no love. But, more about the couple not really being themselves. Like a fear of speaking the truth and being honest with the other.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It means you both are matured enough not to be distracted or separated with little matter.

1|1
    0|0
  • I don't get you asking if it's true like you read it somewhere.
    How can fighting or not in a relationship mean having love?
    Sounds like something you came up with that makes no sense at all.

0|1
    0|0
    • 3d

Yeah I did read it somewhere

• 3d

There's no correlation between the two in my opinion.

• Yep and I will not bash some empty wisdom cuz I have been with my G. F for about 6 years, we use to fight a lot and still do today (not that much). The fight actually tests the strength of your relationship and your love/passion for that person.
    We don't even talk for 6 months but I know very clearly the moment someone will break the silence my messaging first, other will just carry one like nothing ever happen and actually waiting for other to just say the word. I would say the fighting don't kill anything but the whole EGO-THING (who will accept the fault) that follows after that is very toxic for a relationship.
    The people will tell you grow-up and fighting is bad and stuff like that BUT 95% of time those people are divorced low lives and singles wasting your time.
    The relationship is supposed to be between 2 humans and humans are not coded like A. I, we fight and try to solve problems and anyone that says otherwise and believes in perfect life is lair/really need to grow up.
    ##Not to mention the sway of emotions that just overcomes your anger, when She says sorry is like greatest thing in earth. ITS PURE LOVE which forces you to accept and sacrifice.

0|0
    0|0
  • Once in a while can add some sexuak tension...

Like inbthr case of makeup sex

But too often signals a problem

1|0
    0|0
    • 3d

What about no fights

• Show All
    • 3d

Bad how

• 3d

OK good in that there will always be peace

Bad in that there may be issues which need to be addressed and in tryna keeo the peace , they keeo getting swept under the rug.

This isn't good because it means there will always be issues which aren't dealt with and can find ways of blowing up in your face later. Arguments signal a problem which can be dealt with when it arises... hopefully

• I don't think that is necessarily true but a relationship without fights is probably not a healthy one. We have anger for a reason, its a way to get us motivated to try and change something, to let it be known that a certain behavior bothers us and to show that its serious enough that its going to cause issues if not corrected. So if their is no fights either no one is really all that invested or your communication skills are far beyond most any other persons in the world.

0|0
    0|0
  • Relationship without fights only exists in a extreme one sided dominating relationship. Other than that all have the ocasional fight. If by any you mean rarely then my answer is no. Even couples that pretty much have an argument a year can love each other very much. I had around 4 fights, that weren't even very heated ones, last year and I am getting married with her this year.

0|0
    0|0
  • Good relationships have arguments. If they stay as arguments or discussions with both parties compromising, then that is ideal.

All couples eventually argue. It is inevitable. The trick is to reslove them as adults without fights and screaming matches.

There is no correlation between arguments and measurements of love. Never try and measure love, or keep score. Love is love. Embrace it and let it do it's thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • It could mean that: you had no reasons to fight/discuss, you keep everything in, you can talk things out calmly, you don't spend enough time together so problems have less chances to occur.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, often it means that it is a healthy relationship where things are being resolved in a calm and respectfull manner.

www.cartoonmovement.com/.../...__sherif_arafa.jpeg

1|0
    0|0
  • Relationship that I've been in where we never fought was because neither of us cared enough

1|1
    0|0
  • Not necessarily.
    It is a bad sign, because it's impossible to have a relationship without any issue between the two, so no fighting probably means poor communication and lack of honesty.

1|0
    0|1
  • I wouldn't say it's true, we don't argue, we've been together 19 years and probably had about 3 arguments

1|1
    0|0
  • You don't have to have fights in a relationship to have love in a relationship. That's how it's been with me, there's always love and you can always reasonably talk things out.

0|1
    0|0
  • It can be if the two are not being honest with each other. For example if you used to fight a lot with your boyfriend then stopped without any of the underlying issues being resolved. One or both parties might be avoiding certain subjects to avoid a fight. That's a problem and needs to be addressed otherwise the relationship is doomed.

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends because in fact there are 3 or more situations.
    -A toxic relationship with lot's of fights and drama where the problems sometimes get resolve.
    -A peaceful relationship where problems get solved by talking
    -A peaceful relationship where problems never get resolved but kept in and allowed to accumulate and fester.

The middle one is the best and the last one is the worst. The first one just sucks.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. All humans are imperfect, so there will be the occasional difference of opinion in even the best relationships. If not handled correctly, a difference of opinion has the potential to become a dispute and/or fight; and fights, if anything, are evidence of lack of love.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Unless said fights starts because of something toxic. It's normal to have arguments, you have it in any relationship you have, be it platonic or not.

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean kinda. It's like.. if you love someone you're bound to fight just because that's the nature of things, but. It's about how you fight

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe. Not because love requires fighting but because conflict can indicate that you care enough about the other person’s opinion/view to engage them on the topic. That said, you should never start a fight on purpose. Guys tend not to like frequent drama.

Another thing is that your concept of love at 18 is going to change a lot by the time you are mid 20s and then change some more by the time you are late 30s. If you saw a kindergarten kid say they were in love with a classmate you would not think it means the same thing as what you call love. Same will happen when you get older & look back at 18. Guess what I’m saying is don’t go overboard. It’s probably not as serious as you think.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, that's a fact about relationships but sometimes too much fights and arguments means the opposite.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes it does. Shows you care about some stuff in the relationship. Fights ussually is the step before solving the problem

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Quite true. It's like when making a good cake or a peace of candy, you need to add a little bitterness, so that the sweet stuff will taste even sweeter.

But you shouln't overdo it. Causing fights all the time borders on manipulation.

You need to always strive to be positive in a relationship. There'll be enough problems to deal with from outside your little love corner.

And only if you feel that the sweetness is a bit too much and it's killing your desire for each other you should add a measured amount of spice.

As a woman, you'll feel whrn to do it and how much, much better than your partner (assuming you're into guys).

0|0
    0|0
  • It is true, how else would you torelate each other without knowing the other side of your partner

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't know about love but if there are fights, it shows you're human.

1|0
    0|0
  • It can be. It can also be a sign of maturity that both partners are able to resolve disagreements without arguing and fighting.

1|0
    0|0
  • Apparently fighting and arguing is better for a relationship and marriage to last compared to cpuples that dont fight and argue , from my personal experiences i think this is true , My friends that were married to girls that never fought with each other are all divorced Now, My friends that argued and fought with their wives are still happily married , its the craziest thing. I guess having differences is better then having someone completly the same , cuz Love comes down to accepting each others flaws , so if ypu have no flaws what is their to accept?

1|0
    0|0
  • We have disagreements but not really fights. Fights can be ugly and usually end with someone's feelings getting hurt. There is not sense in that.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've know a very few people who don't fight, and have good, happy marriages.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, not at all. I think having good communication can really help reduce fights.

0|0
    0|0
  • Bullshit

If there were no work accidents at all, does it mean there was no work done at all?

0|1
    0|0
  • It’s alright to fight but you want to try not to make it an every day thing otherwise coming back to each other will feel very downing, you wanna come back and be happy to see one another. Anyways fights are important to get point across, make change etc because personally I feel like relationship without fights are weaker than those with fights. You learn things about someone after a fight that you can work on to avoid it in the future, it draws partners closer in some ways but keep it to a minimum

1|0
    0|0
  • What kind of masochist said that? People never cease to amaze me...

0|1
    0|0
    • 2d

Same here. Except people never fail to disappoint me.

• If a couple hasn’t fought, then there’s no passion.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not necessarily but it can mean there’s no passion.

0|0
    0|0
  • Any ltr will results in a few arguments from time to time.

0|0
    0|0
  • No fights don't determine fights that's stupid it shows positive communication

0|0
    0|0
    • 3d

Huh?

• Show All
    • 3d

Yes but the days off throwing out insults when angry are long gone if I'm angry enough I know I may say somthing I regret I won't speak as saying some dark shit and then saying I didn't mean it I was angry is a lame excuse

• 3d

In the two years I have been with my girl I have never insulted her with the intend to hurt her feelings that's some childish shit

• Total bs. It's just means your a obnoxious person if you fight constantly.

0|0
    0|0
    • 1d

And I've never had a fight with a girlfriend. Currently on serious relationship no 5!

• I don't know. Depends on what you call a fight I guess

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t like the have an argument in a relationship I don’t think it’s healthy

0|0
    0|0
  • Not necessarily these things have to be taken in context

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely.. And the fight should be like the one shown in mr and mrs Smith movie. 😎🍻

0|0
    0|0
  • that is my experience

1|0
    0|0
  • Stupid lets hurt eachother an call it love.

0|0
    0|0
  • No..

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes