Would you really stay with your boyfriend/husband if he displays vulnerability?

32

32
  • Of course I would! I’m writing this to anyone who thinks it’s okay to leave a guy just because he showed that he was an actually human being. Men are not stones. It’s only a normal thing to be vulnerable; I want to dismiss those traditional gender roles and say that it’s not just the male’s job to be strong and tough all the time. It’s an unreasonable expectation.

I don’t know what it’s like to be a guy, but I expect it would sure be tiring to have to pretend like nothing bothers me at all, all the time. I have no relationship experience, but here’s my take. Men are human too and they deserve to be supported. In love, you have to be there for your S. O. even in their darkest and hardest times. If you’re going to desert them just because they fall down a little, do you really think that can be called “love”?

Maybe there are some steely men who can take on the world their whole lives and show no signs of fatigue. But most males definitely need a supportive partner behind them when they have their lows. It is completely fine to not be fine. That’s my opinion.

• Being vulnerable is a human thing, you can't always be tough. I guess one would go insane if they bottled up their feelings for long enough.

• Of course. Vulnerability is what builds true intimacy between people.

• Even guys need assurance every once in a while

• Would you?