Would you be okay if your husband/wife wanted to be a househusband/housewife?

Assuming you make plenty of money and it's not required that the both of you work. Would you be okay with them staying home, and taking care of the household work/meal prepping, and kids if you have any? Or would you prefer you both work?
Would you be okay if your husband/wife wanted to be a housewife/househusband?
  • I'd be okay if my S/O wanted to be a housewife/househusband.
  • I wouldn't be okay if they wanted to be a housewife/househusband. I want us both to work.
  • Other? (Please specify in a comment.)
    Vote C
  • Results
    Vote D

3450

Most Helpful Guys

• Two paychecks are better than one. Also, one choosing not to work is essentially freeloading, unless there is a lot of work to be done at home (e. g. you live on a farm.)

However, if my future wife wanted to be a stay at home mom when the kids are young, I would be fine with it, as a babysitter would be expensive, and I would rather my kids be raised by their mother and I than by some other person.

One thing, if your spouse is self-employed/works from home, I count that the same as working a regular job, not as being a housewife/husband.

• If I had planned to have kids, then sure, but since I don't, she needs to generate some kind of income. I would be fine with her working part time and taking care of me and the household the rest of the time, but without kids, there's not enough work at home to justify not working in some fashion.

Most Helpful Girls

• Not ok for me unless is temporary and one of us stays just to take care of kids the first years of life. Other way no. If it works for other people is ok, but it doesn't work for me. I like people who want something else in life, who have ambitions. Also I like independence people, so I don't enjoy at all the idea of beign dependable on my SO or my SO beign dependable on me. of On the other side, someone who stays at home doesn't have too much to do, and would have lots of free time, would even feel as if someone was taking advantage of me.

• Ya, I would not mind having a house husband but mostly because I'd rather have my kids spending lots of time with their parent than strangers. Would be nice to always come home and always get to see my husband after work 😊 then we can cuddle and relax together.