Would you be okay if your husband/wife wanted to be a househusband/housewife?

Assuming you make plenty of money and it's not required that the both of you work. Would you be okay with them staying home, and taking care of the household work/meal prepping, and kids if you have any? Or would you prefer you both work?
Would you be okay if your husband/wife wanted to be a housewife/househusband?
Would you be okay if your husband/wife wanted to be a housewife/househusband?
  • I'd be okay if my S/O wanted to be a housewife/househusband.
    Vote A
  • I wouldn't be okay if they wanted to be a housewife/househusband. I want us both to work.
    Vote B
  • Other? (Please specify in a comment.)
    Vote C
  • Results
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Two paychecks are better than one. Also, one choosing not to work is essentially freeloading, unless there is a lot of work to be done at home (e. g. you live on a farm.)

However, if my future wife wanted to be a stay at home mom when the kids are young, I would be fine with it, as a babysitter would be expensive, and I would rather my kids be raised by their mother and I than by some other person.

One thing, if your spouse is self-employed/works from home, I count that the same as working a regular job, not as being a housewife/husband.

3|2
    0|0
  • If I had planned to have kids, then sure, but since I don't, she needs to generate some kind of income. I would be fine with her working part time and taking care of me and the household the rest of the time, but without kids, there's not enough work at home to justify not working in some fashion.

1|3
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Not ok for me unless is temporary and one of us stays just to take care of kids the first years of life. Other way no. If it works for other people is ok, but it doesn't work for me. I like people who want something else in life, who have ambitions. Also I like independence people, so I don't enjoy at all the idea of beign dependable on my SO or my SO beign dependable on me. of On the other side, someone who stays at home doesn't have too much to do, and would have lots of free time, would even feel as if someone was taking advantage of me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ya, I would not mind having a house husband but mostly because I'd rather have my kids spending lots of time with their parent than strangers. Would be nice to always come home and always get to see my husband after work 😊 then we can cuddle and relax together.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Being a housewife/househusband especially if kids are involved is one of the most important things in the world. Too many people focus on making money, kids don't care about how much money you make they care about how much time you spend with them.

3|2
    2|1
  • @PrettyRegular I would love to take care of both of us (:

1|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't be ok because :
    1. Life is expensive
    2. They shouldn't depends on me when they can work.
    I wouldn't want to be a housewife either and if my husband wanted that I wouldn't be happy because that would mean they don't think about my future and want to have too much control over me.

0|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't be against it. I might have hoped they had more ambition in life, to have their own career. I'd also be looking to have more time at home, compressing my hours to a 4 day week, so i could have an extra day with children. Putting the full finacial burden on one partner adds pressure.

0|0
    0|0
  • Only if her earning potential was less than $20,000/yr anyway (which is about the monetary value of all domestic chores). Then again, in California, any 40hr workweek, minimum wage job makes almost exactly that much--and I probably wouldn't date someone with such a low earning potential in the first place.

0|0
    0|0
  • On one hand, I'd be okay with him not making money. On the other hand, I find it attractive if someone is driven and works for their passion in life. I'd find 'staying home for the kids/chores' a pretty lame passion.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think lots of people have different perspectives of this, but more women (than men) feel like they’re being used if a man wants to be her househusband. On the other hand, more men (than women) feel joyful to be able to provide for his wife.

I’m not saying either is fine but it’s very hardly rooted on stereotypes and societal norms. If there’s good reason for someone to stay home and be a housewife/househusband, then there should be nothing wrong with it but many people struggle with this.

0|0
    0|0
    • Is this mentioned like this in the bible concerning Gods plan for both male and female?

• Show All
    • Okay dude. Bye.

• Lmao..

• I've never been with anyone before, but it doesn't sound too bad, assuming they do most of the housework, at least on days where I'd work.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think gender roles are good and they keep men masculine and women feminine and that's a great effect of it which creates so much sexual attraction between the couple, however unfair they may be. At the end of the day, it's up to the couple and that's how it should be

1|0
    1|0
  • I don't want my wife to be house prisoner. God demands people to work, as a matter of fact a virtuous woman in proverbs 31 is a business woman who is far from lazy and works hard all day outside and inside her household taking care of her family.

A housewife will just get out shape quickly and wither away in her physical appearance.

* Ladies avoid men that desire you to be a house prisoner 24/7.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm already a housewife, I have two kids and my husband has a job where he is away a lot. But he loves that I stay home with the kids, wouldn't have it any other way

0|1
    0|0
  • Fuck no. That bish is working. Fuk u think I
    am some cuck that slaves himself at work to have her sitting at home, doing nothing all day besides fucking her personal trainer... that I'm paying for. Ha. Yeah fucking right.

0|0
    0|0
    • It's alright swoley-kins, it's just a scenerio, not real life

• Show All
    • 99% of my questions are anon xD I don't like spamming my followers notifications

• Lmao. I know a person like that.

• Yes. Taking care of kids in their early years means they will be closer to their parent and since you dedicate yourself more to them, they will also be better cognitively. I'd be proud of my wife in whatever she wanted to do and put effort into. When the kids grow up though, I dont see much work to be done though so maybe it isn't a permanent choice

0|0
    0|0
  • Other. I'm getting sterilized and so must my husband so there is no need for either of us to stay in home when there are no kids

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, I am studying to be a doctor and if I make really good money I wouldn't mind if he were to take the childcare leave of absence in my stead but I don't like the general idea of him being dependent on me on a regular basis.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, sure. I'm not expecting it, all I'm expecting is for us to communicate, compromise and cooperate.

1|1
    0|0
  • i dont really mind, if my partner wanted to stay home i would respect that - but i would prefer both of us to work but im not opposed to them staying at home

1|0
    0|0
  • My wife has always been a housewife. The jobs she has had has been more like hobbies. Extra 💰 may be nice but I have been settled that she is always at home.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd be fine with my woman staying at home if we have kids. I'd never be a house-husband though. It doesn't align with male biology and will most likely lead towards the demise of the relationship.

1|0
    1|0
  • I wouldn't mind being a housewife and stay at home mom. But my husband would have to make some good income. But tbh i could just get a stay at home job

1|0
    0|0
  • Actually, I would prefer that she want to stay home

1|0
    0|0
  • As long as my income was enough to support the family I wouldn't force them to work, although I wouldn't like it.

1|0
    1|0
  • I'd be okay with that. It's not something I personally would want to be but it's not an issue for me of they want to.

0|1
    0|0
  • Both of us have to work. No one is staying home. It's not the 60s anymore. Both of my parents worked while we were kids and we turned out fine and spent a lot of time with them.

1|0
    0|0
  • Tbh I hope she is that way she is always home when I come home but I also would only be ok with it if I could afford it

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah she can trade bitcoins and make us rich. We will be a traditional futuristic family. How does the modernists like that, ha!

1|0
    0|0
  • See I look at it like this if you don't have the money for a daycare then one needs to stay home with the kids

1|0
    0|0
  • If we both made enough then we could both go for part time jobs so that we get to be home more 🤷‍♀️

0|0
    0|0
  • No, it sounds kind of lazy to me. It doesn’t take all day to clean a house and cook.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would be 100% okay with my S/O being a househusband as long as I brought in enough money to pay the bills, groceries and live with extra cash to do whatever I want whenever I want. I would want to be able to afford ice cream trips and stuff with my kids and be able to go buy new clothes if I needed and not worry about how much money I have. as long as I can do that, sure, they can stay home if they wanted. why not? But they better do the cooking and cleaning lol or its the dog house for them ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I prefer to be the provider of my household anyways.

1|1
    1|0
  • Not unless I was the bread winner. I know how to value and appreciate him. Men? Not so much. Paying the bills means he thinks he’s God. No thanks.

0|0
    0|0
    • Do find a good man who does know cause they are out there. Do not get swept away by a charming smile, shw off manners and good looks only. The former two can be faked and the latter can be biologically deceptive, like the halo effect. Good looks mke you feel good, so you think he is good, but that is notnecessariy the case, is it?

• If they in exchange made sure food was on the table when I got home, the house stayed clean, my clothes were washed and the fridge was stocked.

0|1
    0|0
  • I would tell that bitch to get back in the kitchen. I don't care if she's the CEO of Apple and I'm a dustpinn man I am bringing home the baken

1|0
    2|0
  • If we had enough money to live well, sure, why work when you already have what you need?

1|0
    0|0
  • I can help her, but paying for something like that until you are super rich i find spoiled.

1|0
    0|0
  • If I am making enough money to support us and be saving money, hella yes

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd even pretend to be able to clean half decently if it was so desired.

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as they don’t complain about me not being at home like that, I don’t see the problem.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I wouldn't want to be with a guy that wouldn't want to work AT ALL. A man's financial obligation to the family is very important to me no matter how much *I* earn. But if it's something like he's earning at home and stuff then yeah I'm ok with that, and actually if I'm busy with studies and work outside myself then I would actually love it if he had a job that didn't require him to be outside as much as me. Especially if we have kids I just don't trust anyone else to look after them. Not even a family member, not even a nanny.

1|0
    0|0
  • No , I would end up condemning myself to hell by not obeying Gods commandments pertaining to being the head of household in my family..

0|1
    0|0
  • Housewives are just lazy submissive girly gold driggers

So she must work

0|1
    0|0
  • Both work and both stay home. Get a part time each so your are making enough and home often.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sure, I'd love it, it'd be a wonderful break from work. A rich wife would be awesome.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd much rather be with someone who is as ambitious as me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I want to be a househusband if my wife makes tons of money

She can wear the pants

0|1
    0|0
  • My money would have to be in the billions for her to be a housewife

0|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't be okay if they wanted to be a housewife/househusband. I want us both to work.

0|1
    0|0
  • For what? We don't want kids and I'm not a housecleaner.

0|0
    0|0

0|0
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes