What do you think of this quote? Is it possible for someone to love the worst parts of us?

What do you think of this quote? Is it possible for someone to love the worst parts of us?
Updates:
They don't want you because of the negative qualities but they want you in spite of them.

1|7

Most Helpful Guys

• yea... your update is right...
    I need someone who sees the bad in me and accepts me and loves me, in spite of my flaws. That's how I read it. I agree with that.

In other words, the person sees beauty in your prior hurts. Like when I understand a girlfriend, why she reacts how she does and hurts and can go towards her, that is a good thing. That requires empathy or strength.

I don't really want too many negative qualities:) People are kind of like mine fields... except with words and situation.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think there is a lot of truth in that and it argues for being yourself and giving someone a true picture of you since not only can good qualities compensate for less wonderful ones, but at least your new partner isn't blindsided and caught by surprise when it comes to your less wonderful qualities or characteristics.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Yes. If someone only loved the good in me, it wouldn't be the type of love I'd want. That would be too superficial. I want to be accepted and loved for all that I am. To be loved for my negative traits and flaws , not just the part of me that's good.

When I fall in love, I fall in love with a guys good and bad side. His good qualities and bad traits. His flaws and imperfections. Love can't last if you only love the good in someone.

1|0
    0|0
  • I feel in the right and fated union the worst things become the best to that person or at least a means to draw us closer in joining efforts to improve one another!

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• of course. Despite your brokenness, someone is putting the broken pieces together to make you whole again...

1|0
    0|1
  • That’s a great quote.

1|1
    0|0
  • It's a little... irrational. I think the right sort of partner sees the good and the bad and is interested in all of it. If someone only wanted you because of all your negative qualities, I'd have to wonder what they were getting out of it.

1|2
    0|0
    • They don't want you because of the negative qualities but they want you in spite of them.

Sorry. That was a reply to you... not supposed to be an update.

• Yes, my dad taught me that you need at least one knock down drag out fight to learn who someone is and how they will treat you in times of adversity.

The tough get going, when the...

1|2
    0|0
  • It sounds like the words of someone with great insecurities in that they will only accept being with someone who is well aware of their flaws and willing to settle for those because they can do no better so the other person isn't scared of being cheated on.

2|0
    0|0
  • To me this implies an expectation they should accept the bad things as they are.

I don't know that sounds like the beginning of a bad relationship.

Obviously it doesn’t state that outright but I think it’s a given that no one is perfect and that when you love someone for what they are... including striving to be better tomorrow than they are today

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, thats why I was married to him. In order for two people to walk down the asel, one have accepted the good and bad. I lived a good marriage for many years.
    It wasn't the good/bad qualities that broke my marriage. It was the core value that was violated.

1|0
    0|0
  • They see your faults and your imperfects let us know it is ok that we are not perfect either. I can't tell you the relief even to tears to know that when your SO messes up, it lets you know that you are both imperfect and are on the same journey together. It is a sweet and beautiful thing

1|0
    0|0
  • I like the quote a lot and I think that people loving us despite our faults is really what actual love is. You can choose what parts of a person you don't like all that much but you can't say you love someone and pick and choose which parts to love.

1|0
    0|0
  • I’m his is tire I guess but I look at myself and think what bad do I really have besides being a disk sometimes

1|0
    0|0
  • Well there needs to be good as well. Flaws should be worked on rather than embraced. This quote sort of insinuates a complacent attitude. Maybe I’m just basing this off personal experience, but that’s what it strikes me as.

1|1
    0|0
  • I kinda work on the idea that perfection is imperfect, therefore whilst you fall in love with someones best points it's their flaws you ultimately learn to love and appreciate. So I kinda understand it , but would word it differently lol

1|1
    0|0
  • It's a good quote, it means they love you for who you are, and are willing to accept your flaws because you are human, and you don't have to sacrifice your sense of self to satisfy them.

1|0
    0|0
  • Someone who sees the dark side of you and is still by your side... but can they cope with it in the long run? Don’t know! Haven’t found that guy yet! 😂

1|0
    0|0
  • I do believe this. It's doesn't mean that they love our defects, no. It just means that they can deal with them, that they don't bother then that much.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah because it all depends on how the other person percieves it. Sometimes what may be a big negative to us may only be a minor annoyance to the other person.

1|0
    0|0
  • I always thought we fall in love not with the best part of someone but when we realize that even the worst side of a person is not enough to make us go away.

2|0
    0|0
  • No one is perfect. If you think someone is perfect you're being deceived. You need to see someone's flaws to know who they are, and only then you can decide if you like them or not.

2|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Why do you think the filters in camera exists?

They can't even accept the negative in themselves.

1|1
    0|0
  • It is indeed possible. A person without vices has no virtues worth having. There is good and bad in everybody.

1|0
    0|0
  • After 4000 years of civilization its sad to see this question still being asked
    It show we human are not behaviouring each other the way we should do and its sad

1|0
    0|0
  • WOW! Okay, that's really deep. I like it, and I think it's pretty accurate. I think that's what everyone wants

2|0
    0|0
  • Yes, it is very possible. This is what love is, and I know multiple people who live it

2|0
    0|0
  • They aren't loving the negative parts. They are tolerating them.

2|0
    0|0
  • A real friend is someone who has seen you at your worst and loves you still.
    A real friend is RARE...

2|1
    0|0
  • Being unsatisfied with someone who values our greatest attributes adds greed to a list of personal character flaws

2|0
    0|0
  • I think it’s an awesome quote and I absolutely think it’s possible.

2|1
    0|0
  • Yes, but you are responsible for improving yourself. You need to have some control over your flaws even if you'll never be perfect

1|2
    0|0
  • some take that belief to far most people want to except each other for the goid an bad, habits but in alwYs, comes down to do they meet you half way that means the key really care,

1|0
    0|0
  • I like it. Knowing a person for all of them but just the shiny parts you like is essential.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes it's possible but it depends on the person's personality. You can love a guy who smoke cigarettes and alcohol too much but you cannot if he's a womanizer and cold hearted guy.

1|0
    0|0
  • My bestie does for some reason and I love her for it

1|0
    0|0
  • Anyone can like ane love the positive parts of anyone, but can they endure the negatives traits and still love is the big question?

1|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely true
    That's why I love my food so much!!!

1|0
    0|0
  • They have to. Thats your shadow. Everyone has something bad about them but also good.

1|1
    0|0
  • Exactly but found the person whom you're talking about is too hard. Cause everyone need person who should totally perfect. 😂😂😂 Which is hard too

1|0
    0|0
  • I think anybody that truly loves someone loves them for everything about them (the good and the bad) nobody is perfect and that is absolutely fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • The worst part no still love you even if they see the dark yes but if its dark for them and they haven't resolved there issues with it then they won't want that part any where them.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's usually the last thought before turning to GOD , who intrinsically is exactly that way.

1|0
    0|0
  • I love that. Sometimes my autism is bad and I want someone who can see past that.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a true quote.

1|0
    0|0
  • its true because everyone has some type of flaw.

1|0
    0|0
  • Love it 🙏

1|0
    0|0
  • Agreed, take the bad with the good

1|0
    0|0
  • That's a pretty damn good qoute. I'm stealing it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes it’s possible if you’re in love

1|0
    0|0
  • Love the quote. Very true

1|0
    0|0
  • I need someone who sees everything

1|0
    0|0
  • possible