What do you think of this quote? Is it possible for someone to love the worst parts of us?

They don't want you because of the negative qualities but they want you in spite of them.

1939

Most Helpful Guys

• yea... your update is right...
    I need someone who sees the bad in me and accepts me and loves me, in spite of my flaws. That's how I read it. I agree with that.

In other words, the person sees beauty in your prior hurts. Like when I understand a girlfriend, why she reacts how she does and hurts and can go towards her, that is a good thing. That requires empathy or strength.

I don't really want too many negative qualities:) People are kind of like mine fields... except with words and situation.

• I think there is a lot of truth in that and it argues for being yourself and giving someone a true picture of you since not only can good qualities compensate for less wonderful ones, but at least your new partner isn't blindsided and caught by surprise when it comes to your less wonderful qualities or characteristics.

Most Helpful Girls

• Yes. If someone only loved the good in me, it wouldn't be the type of love I'd want. That would be too superficial. I want to be accepted and loved for all that I am. To be loved for my negative traits and flaws , not just the part of me that's good.

When I fall in love, I fall in love with a guys good and bad side. His good qualities and bad traits. His flaws and imperfections. Love can't last if you only love the good in someone.

• I feel in the right and fated union the worst things become the best to that person or at least a means to draw us closer in joining efforts to improve one another!