Do you care what your s/o wears when you guys go out in public?

Or what they wear when they're not with you? For guys, if your girlfriend is dressing up too provocatively...

2|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I had this talk with my mom and dad. My mom told me its toxic to tell your wife what to wear and its controlling. My dad took me to night club and drove down avenues to see what women dress like when they go out. He asked me " Son would you want your girlfriend to dress like that when she goes out, yes i know its toxic but do you see that half naked girl. Imagine that was your partner and she went out looking like that."

I got stuck and thought for a moment. I don't wanna be toxic at the same time I don't want her to look too , you know.

If I feel uncomfortable with what she is wearing i will explain gently about how i feel and ask her if I was to dress a certain way how would she feel. If the conversation goes elsewhere so will I.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, got to look good. But depends on where we are going...

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I care that he/she at least puts effort in to look nice and at least show up neat. If a girl dresses provocative for me then I might take it as she’s trying to look appealing for me rather than for someone else, especially if they’re dressing specifically for me for something like a date.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn’t care please just match. Some guys throw anything on your not looking a mess coming with me.

2|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Yes because my husband has absolutely no idea when it comes to clothing and what goes with what.

1|1
    0|0
  • I do really care, you've to dress nice

1|1
    0|0
  • I feel like it’s not place to tell him what to wear

I’m happy if he takes advice or magically dresses nicely but it’s up to him. I don’t have a right to tell him how to dress. If I have a problem I guess we shouldn’t be together if it’s that severe... He can dress as he likes.

1|2
    0|0
    • I wouid expect the same respect from him. I realize it’s possibke I wouid not get that and I wouid definitely see that as a point of incompatibility.

• Yes, not because I'm jealous that others would look at her, but because I wouldn't want her to attract the wrong attention.

1|2
    1|0
  • whenever i was with anyone I always felt that whatever they wore was up to them... if they felt comfortable wearing something then they are going to enjoy themselves wherever we went, a lot more

and that would relax them more too, meaning both our times out would be enjoyable as a couple rather than just for one of us

so if they wanted to dress provocatively or not then I'd be happy cos i was going to spend my time with them not their clothes...

2|0
    0|0
  • That depends entirely on her reasons. If she was with me and swore up and down that her only reason was to impress me, and whenever she got looks from other men she met it with not just indifference, but downright disgust--then I'm all for it.

However, if she's not with me, there is no "good reason".

1|1
    0|0
  • "Too provocatively" isn't appealing. I wouldn't want her to be sending common messages seen by society that she's looking for sex. Overall though, I just don't think I'd be attracted to a girl with the desire to do that so I've never had to deal with this. This is such a subject where people love to try to rationalize their outward appearance to "I'm not jealous."

1|0
    0|0
  • If he looks like he hasn't washed himself in weeks or dresses up like a girl, yes I would care lol still gotta look decent in public and that you actually take care of yourself, you know.

1|1
    0|0
  • Well not really, don't embarass yourself and have some pride in yourself.
    You are a grown man, you should know how to dres yourself based on the situation.

1|2
    0|0
  • I feel like people should respect their s/o's wishes. I would assume if my boy friend didn't want me to wear something provocative it would be due to not wanting other males to gawk at my body. Totally understandable. What wouldn't be okay is if I really liked it and it was modest to me etc. And if he became very controlling over it.

I feel its a bit different for dudes than girls as long as he is looking nice and not having his pants hang low or bad clothing - its not a big deal for me at all actually I don't care. Lol

2|1
    0|0
  • It's unclassy to show all your assets after you're like 30 years old. You're not 18 anymore. Get over it. Lol

0|0
    1|0
  • not especially. i wouldn't particularly care if my wife dressed provocatively but i also know her personality is not to really go "too far" with her dress

1|0
    0|0
  • Yep. I don't her to embarrass me if she's looking like a street corner hooker.

I believe in a woman dressing nice and sexy but nothing over the type.

1|1
    1|0
  • I like him to dress casual, unless we are going out for a nice meal.

He wears slacks, shirt, tie, and jacket at work every day.

1|0
    0|0
  • I mean I don't cuz guys can't dress "proactive' I guess but he gets weird when I show too much skin. it depends on your significant other's boundaries.

0|1
    1|0
    • Yeah they can they can go topless or have their pants hanging below their navel

• @VIVANT well I guess I don't know about his shirt and as long as I can't see the lower half of his ass im chill.

• As long as she is comfortable and happy thats all i care about

5|0
    1|0
    • and if she is happy being almsot naked you still won't mind to be with her and people see her like that?

• I would be ok it if she was naked lol but we don’t if we don’t live in a nudist area then we would probably get in trouble

• I will never ever tell a woman not to dress provocatively. I absolutley do not care hotter she looks better she makes me look even without me. I need a girlfriend before I worry about that though.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not if she is with me but like if she’s going out with her friends I don’t want her dressing provocative I’m ok with most outfits she wears tho anyway

1|0
    0|0
  • While i'm with her or not, she must wear decent dresses, her entire private parts always hidden...

1|1
    0|0
  • Well yeah. If her clothing is so extreme or opposite of my own style then I have a problem with it. I don't mean that she has to be the exact copy of how I dress, but I'm classy or laid back stylish at the least in my attires, and I choose partners who has that kind of standard in clothing as well. If a girlfriend of mine wants to continuously go out in baggy/saggy clothes, with colors of the rainbow on or some wack headdress etc. Then I might have to reevaluate why we're together.

As for provocatively, there's a fine line between sexy and trashy.

1|1
    1|0
  • I would never tell a woman how to dress. That's toxic. If she dresses in a way I don't as approve of, I'd just end the relationship and find someone else.

0|0
    0|0
    • just because she dresses like shit?

• Sure, why not? If she dresses in a way I don't like, I basically have two options: live with it or live without it.

I don't have the right to voice my opinion, and I don't have to settle for someone with poor taste or lack of consideration, so I'd just let her go because we're obviously not compatible.

• I don't like to feel like i'm going out with a slut!

3|1
    1|0
  • I wouldn't care unless it was really inappropriate, like butt shorts or something 😂

1|1
    0|0
  • No. I love it when she dresses sexy/provocatively. I like flaunting sexy eye candy off my arm.

And I don't mind if she looks just as hot when I'm not there.

2|0
    1|0
  • As long as they don't look sloppy and disheveled, I don't really care what they wear.

2|1
    0|0
  • Yes. If she is too prudish she's not showing what she's got, and therefore not making my rivals jealous enough.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes slightly. I think my so has really ugly shoes, haven't found a way to tell him yet...

1|0
    0|0
  • As long as her boobs and crotch are covered (unless a nude beach I guess) Then, no. She'll look good.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like to match and he likes me in certain clothing so yes definitely

1|0
    0|0
    • He actually always buys me a certain style of dress just different colors and materials. It actually really sucks

• to a limited extent.. not really though. Is it clean and acceptable for the setting? yes, Okay cool.

1|0
    0|0
  • If her dressing is suited to the occasion, it's Ok. I don't want to date a woman who dresses like she's is in a funeral when we are in a party

1|0
    0|0
  • If my girlfriend were to dress too provocatively in public (especially if she were to wear anything like a thong) it would be a dealbreaker for me.

1|1
    0|0
  • He dresses nice. I don’t care. He cares about what I wear cause I’m his woman.

1|1
    0|0
  • Dress anyway you like as long as you are comfortable

1|1
    0|0
  • As long as it's not their birthday suite or just underwear, I don't care what the choose to wear.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, I don't want everyone staring at her if she wears something too provocative

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope not me it's all about trust if you dont trust the person your with then you shouldn't be with them.

1|0
    0|0
  • i think it's hot if she feels comfortable wearing whatever makes her happy

3|0
    1|1
  • Ask a feminist, and she would want to put her husband in a hijab, lol

1|0
    1|1
  • A little show a lack of class and I don’t talk like that.

1|0
    0|0
  • I love it when my s/o dresses provocatively in public. Sluttier the better lol

0|0
    0|2
  • Yes I do care. It has to be modest, according to the occasion and socially morally acceptable.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm more concern how they behave in certain situation

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I care. I've asked him to change before.

2|1
    0|0
  • Umm nope

1|1
    0|0
  • No I don't care if she can wear whatever she wants

3|0
    0|0
  • doesn't bother me abit

2|0
    0|0
  • Nice but comfy please.