Is catfishing your own partner wrong?

If you suspect that your partner is unfaithful, and you catfish him/her on social media. Is it wrong?
catfishing
catfishing

3440

Most Helpful Guys

• yes. Confront it instead. What "signs" are there? (The most important is if you notice a distancing). When people mess around usually their partners (esp. women) notice something wrong even if they cannot identify it. How he behaves under direct questioning will tell you much more than catfishing. If you have specific details (like where were you Friday night) then get their story and make them give details. That commits him to a story. Ask him again later about some of these details-if his answers were made up they won't match (that tells you he is lying) These details can often be checked independently of asking him again too. Catfishing is morally wrong and possibly illegal. I think you will find out much more my way-and all you really want to or need to know is if he is cheating so you can drop his ass. And this way will tell you that.

• That’s a hard one to answer. No one wants to be cheated on so if friends and family claim to see your partner with others or trying to it’s not completely wrong. No one wants to be cheated on so it’s good to find out as soon as possible and sometimes that’s the only way. People should only do it if they have strong evidence because if they find out the person isn’t the results may backfire. It might ruin the relationship because their partner is so hurt and doesn’t trust them anymore. It’s a win, lose result if you find out they are. You win by finding out and lose because the relationship might end. It’s a win, lose, result if they’re not. You win by knowing you’re with an honest partner. You lose if your partner ends the relationship.

• Let me add, if you have strong evidence first talk to them. If they refuse to admit it then you try other ways to find out.

Most Helpful Girls

• Lol I love some of these comments. They say its wrong to catfish your partner if you think they are cheating, but no one says its wrong that the partner is cheating! Like jeez people, cheating is not okay! I don't see anything wrong with trapping someone in an act they are committing but I do think it goes against someone's values because you are lying to your partner just as they are lying to you. So you both shouldn't be together because you both lie to each other which is hurting the other person. Why would you want to hurt the other person? Just ask them if they are, you can always tell if someone is cheating by the way they respond, you can feel their guilt in their response.

• No one is saying cheating is right. Of course it's wrong. Doing this is all very funny, but what happens if they are not cheating. Then what? Your partner would have all the reason to be angry at you.

• @ThisIsMyOpinion Yes, exactly. So its a risk they are taking, but some people were saying very harsh things about the fishing and not the cheating. Both things are wrong

• yes lol, it’s twisted as fuck. just as going trough your loved one’s messages or shit like that. if you sense something’s wrong, just goddamn talk to each other! also if you can’t trust someone you’re in relationship, there’s not really a point being in the relationship, is there