Do you think someone could love and be faithful to you your whole life?

They only have eyes for you no matter what they never flirt with anyone. else , if they get hit on they blow them off cuz they love you, Do you Think that's possible? Why or why not?

Do you Think someone could Love and be faithful to you your whole life?
Do you Think someone could Love and be faithful to you your whole life?
Updates:
Wow didn't expect all these responses lol But to answer my own question , Yes I believe 2 people can love and be faithful to each other, and Yes nowadays it's hard to find but i believe it's out there. When 2 people communicate and remove selfishness thats what makes love grow. It someone cheats on you then its best to let them go so you can find true love cuz if someone really Loved ypu they wouldn't cheat on you, so find someone that wants to stay by your side

2|2

Most Helpful Girls

• I’d like to use my parents as an example. They have changed throughout the years, when they were younger, they were very enthusiastic and loving to each other. Now it’s those two things plus a very mellow bond. I honestly think they have always been in love and I think part of it is because they have always had great communication, awareness and care for one another. I notice they are always surprising each other and that makes that love bond stronger... I might be wrong but seeing them has been the greatest example of love to me. So I do think is possible to be in love and be faithful your whole life.

5|6
    0|0
    • It is possible, as well as conflicts and problems like that. Love is not a mere feeling. It is also a decision. They have to go back and release the fire again. Not because you're faithful and inlove to someone does mean you'll not get tired. We are humans, after all. Vulnerable.

• This is so inspiring. I want my marriage to be like theirs.

• 2d

Thank you for the MHO! 😊👍🏼

• I feel like you get the same effort and time you yourself put in. I know I will be faithful to my so, and I’ll love him, always; I can only hope he’ll do the same. But in this day and age it’s a little bit difficult, hookup culture is being idolised while family is slowly being ruined. But if I stay positive I’m sure I’ll bump into someone who’s willing to put in the same effort. :’)

2|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• No. At some point they will kiss or have sex with another guy. Then you find out 40 years later when you are wrinkly and too old to get a new person.

A woman has so many dating apps and so many guys with horny penises ready to pounce. She can never be happy because with the dating apps and guys hitting on her at work. the grass will always be greener on the other side.

A woman simply has too many chances to make a mistake. The question is how bad will it be... a kiss? One quick fuck of a coworker just out of curiosity? A full on affair with dating app guy?

1|1
    1|1
  • YES but it's a choice. When people go straight to the examples of their parents or grandparents they are summoning the generation who actually took the vowels seriously and actually looked at the marriage as a partnership. Today is not even close to being the same. People get married too quickly and don't care what it stands for which enables then to leave over stupid arguments that our grandparents would never of dreamed of doing. It's called WORK. So my answer is YES if you are realistic about the expectations.

1|4
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I know it's possible because I could love a woman in that way and I know that there are good women who are capable of the same.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think so. I'm a little grey on the flirting thing because I feel like it's not entirely clear what flirting is, since many people consider different things to be flirting. So do I think they would flirt on purpose with the intent of cheating on me or leading someone on? No. Do I think they might be very friendly or joking around with someone and the other person might see it as flirting? Yeah, sure. That happens. Doesn't really bother me because I don't date people I don't think I can trust. My thinking is as long as I love you and we are good for each other, I will stay in this relationship -> as long as I am in this relationship, I will not sleep with anyone else -> if we continue to love each other and be good for each other, this relationship could last the rest of our lives, ergo, I will be faithful to you my whole life.
    Often that doesn't work out because relationships, especially when you are young, don't work. But if I can stay loyal to someone as long as we are together, be it months or decades, then there is absolutely someone else out there who can stay loyal to me

1|0
    0|0
  • Is it possible? Sure. Is it likely? No. Because people aren't black and white. It's not a yes/no. A/B issue. It's an amazingly complex, multivariable logic problem, that MOST people aren't trained to look at in that fashion. So they wing it. And they might get only part of it wrong, or they might misjudge a variable or three, and reach the wrong conclusion. Happens all the time.

Flirting is a great example, thanks for bringing it up. If I see a woman smile, and it moves me (as it often does) I might stop her for a moment ans say "Pardon my forwardness, but you have a truly lovely smile. I want you to know it brightened my day." and then walk off. That's flirting. Almost every woman that I've said that to smiled and said "thank you!" It was an open compliment, freely given, and mostly deigned to boost her self-worth. But also to acknowledge the gift of happiness she gave me, all unknowing.

Do you think you'd be happy with a woman who would blow that off, or take offense at it, because it didn't come from you alone? I wouldn't.

And that's why it's better to avoid people who's behavior is rigidly bound by narrow expectations like you described.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not exactly. I feel like there are many people we could get a strong connection. After all, the world is now full of people. If my (hypotetical) SO ever has the pleasure of meeting another of his "possible ones", there's no guarantee how he's going to react, and I expect that.

Of course, I would like that if we were married, he would give me enough respect to not act on his attraction, and tell me. Perhaps we could work something together.

2|0
    0|0
  • Maybe I read too many books but I believe it is very possible to love someone and be faithful to them. Of course, people in a relationship/marriage will be attracted to other people but that is simply lust and human sexual desire, which is normal.

1|0
    0|1
  • I wouldn't say so, they will find other people attractive and might even lightly flirt with a few people but I wouldn't say that's wrong. The being faithful and loyal comes from that being all they'd ever do which I believe can happen.

1|1
    0|0
  • Possibly.
    If I looked like Chris Hemsworth and she was cute, but slightly overweight, unemployed and self conscious about her body.
    Then the odds would be in my favor.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Never experiencing any attraction whatsoever to anyone else is unlikely, but commitment is a choice.

2|1
    0|0
  • Been there. Done that. There are no guarantees in life. True love is real... but it has to change with us as we grow older.

0|1
    0|0
  • It is possible but I find it very unlikely. The only difference for me is now I have found a girl that would tell me if she wanted to cheat. In the past it was done by women that did it behind my back. I think all women are potential cheaters.

0|0
    2|0
  • I dont know about the no flirting thing. That sometimes comes out unconsciously

but I could definitely be faithful and not cheat

0|1
    0|0
  • Humans fail we’re flawed so eventually that person will see someone they find more attractive than you but that’s where you find out if they really are loyal & love you basically only time can tell

2|0
    0|0
  • It's possible to refrain from cheating and flirting but maybe staring at someone attractive is inevitable as long as we can see.

0|0
    0|0
  • 92% of women cheat and 85% of men cheat so probably not

1|3
    4|1
  • Yea it is you. Believe or not some people are loyal to there partners even after death and never want another partner. It is rare but not impossible.

1|1
    0|0
  • Its possible, and if u make it ur goal to find this person u will.

2|1
    0|0
  • Yes and no. People are constantly changing. You may end up not being compatible years down the road.

1|0
    0|1
  • Yes, we got to put the work into developing such a relationship. It does not happen out of thin air

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. I’m a hopeless romantic and believe in the true ideology of marriage

2|0
    0|1
  • I think it’s possible because I know I could love and be faithful to my partner their whole life

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it is possible but both sides have to work for it

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, but she would have to prove her love first before she gets a ring.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes but I don't believe people will become blind Once they have a partner.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Maybe some exceptions/rare cases exist but mostly love doesn't last forever

0|0
    0|0
  • How long we talking? Eternity is a long time! Even half of forever is still forever. Jesus loves you faithfully!

0|0
    0|0
  • yes, currently after this girl and i've been chilling with her and talking to her for 2 weeks now and i'm getting close to the moment i wanna change things up, i'll just tell her i like her and hope she responds well, but i know for a fact she's the type of girl you could have a relationship with for years maybe even your whole life if you click with her, and yeah i do click with her.
    like a few days ago some random chick i have on snapchat started talking to me and my friend and i just immediately stopped showing interest because really i'm only after one person and i'll stay it that way.

0|0
    0|0
    • oh and to add on, i've struggled with the insecurity of this, this exact thing, the incapability of someone being real and actually giving a fuck about you for more than months, years but decades, nowadays i feel like it's not worth trusting someone to be able to do that, unless i truly feel they can and they do deserve it i really won't think that way about anyone.
      i also hate mystery when it comes down to dating, does the person like me or is it just being nice shit like that, i fucking hate the mystery around it because i easily mistake kindness for something else and i've turned it around aswell and some of you might guess that it's mild autism and yes it is that 😉

• Yeah! I can love and be faithful to me my whole life!

0|0
    0|0
  • NOT NOWADAYS NO, and if you find it its very rare so NO the answer is NO

0|1
    0|1
  • No I don't think anyone could ever be faithful to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Love may/may not work the same way for whole life but you can still be faithful anyway

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd to say my parents and until I was ~26 yo I would give them as an example without even blinking. Dont get me wrong they are still married and in love buy I discovered that during their now 40 year marriage they both had ups and downs including being unfaithful. They just hid it from us the daughthers quite well. In the end I think those phases ended up making them stronger in the long run. Knowing that they are together because they want to and not just by force of the circustances after 20+ years together.

So, I think love is not ethernal. There Will be times were love is not there and sometimes not even being faithful. But if there is understanding, respect and connection one can be together all their lives.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Because what ever is last desirable for me is what's probably going to happen

0|0
    0|0
  • I do believe in love like that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Crazier things have happened.

0|1
    1|1
  • Yes they can

1|0
    0|1
  • I don't see why not...

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I do believe that this is possible.

0|0
    0|0
  • 2019 pff want to say no TBH but would be nice

0|0
    0|0
  • I hope so

0|0
    0|1
  • Yep.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes that is possible.

0|1
    0|0
  • Could? Yes. Will? Not holding my breath.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. My partner

0|1
    0|1
  • Not a chance

0|1
    0|0
  • Absolutely!

0|0
    0|0
  • It's possible but their love for you has to great.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure

0|0
    0|0
  • If they're compatible enough, absolutely.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've seen crazier so why not

0|0
    0|0
  • Veryyy difficult I'd say... but possible...

0|0
    0|1
Show More

Recommended myTakes