Will you be okay with your partner/spouse sending money/financial help to their parents/siblings back home? Why/why not?

1826

Most Helpful Girls

• Of course, if it doesn’t put you or your spouse in any financial trouble. Helping family in need is really important to some people, and if they’re in a position where they can do so without affecting themselves or their partner then I see no issue

• Yes! It is great to help mom and dad :)

Most Helpful Guys

• This not easily answered. I do believe family comes first but by giving people money you're not always helping them.

1624
  • Yes, because if he is helping them, it might be because they really need it or it might make him feel good doing it. Either way, I would support him because family it’s family and they are a priority!

• Yes of course, I would even help too... I don't see why this is problem

• To put it simply... Yes I am okay with that. I can sympathise with certain families going through financial hardship or emergencies and needing a little support. Also if it is her sending her own income back home... then as far as I'm concerned that is none of my business, her money is her own and I don't expect to be supported by that or have any claim to that whatsoever. Usually her parents would have invested heavily in her education and made a lot of sacrifices for her and if she feels indebted to help them when they need it then that's natural and I support that.

The way I see it... my main financial obligations are to provide for her, my kids and then my parents if they need it and then my siblings and then my relatives including her family etc etc and so outwards... if she has any brothers then they are obligated to do likewise and provide for their own parents. This system is fair and makes sense. If she has an income she can do whatever she wants with that. If she's sending all her own income and then expects me to contribute to help them too... then that will raise some serious eyebrows for me as to why on earth her family is so bad with financial management?

If her family requires regular financial support and their only means of getting by is having handouts then it shows that there is a lack of work or opportunities to prosper in their own country... the main way to deal with these issues is to be proactive and provide them with these opportunities. So yeah as a long term solution I'll probably help establish a source of income for them back home and essentially get them to work for me. That way they can prosper in a more sustainable way and I'll make a little extra money too. That's essentially how I would go about handling it... it's a win-win outcome 😎

• I like money but I believe duty is more important than money and family responsibility trumps personal pleasure and luxury so I would have no issue with my partner giving money to their siblings or parents in another country if I had a partner who wanted to do that.

• This is extremely common among immigrants from developing countries. I respect my s. o sending money to her family because I respect my s. o and it's important to her. But her family is not my direct family, so they aren't my priority. Whatever money she sends comes from her. My priority is our building our home for our future, children etc.

• yes of course. might depend upon severity of situation and whats going on. I think there are cases elders are abusing the younger kids rather than giving and helping them as they should. What she's doing is a loving thing of her heart, I support that.

there is something to be said for forming a new home and family, but how can she feel good if parents are suffering? it's one big family, built out from the core. It may not be that simple, but concept.

• I've met a number of Asian women who expected to be able to send most or all of their earnings back to their families with their Western husband supporting them.

Some guys might be OK with that but most aren't. Might be a different story if you're talking about 25% of her net salary.

• 11 d ago

The trouble is, that often …. YOUR … income is the source of wealth. not theirs.

• 9 d ago

@AmANiceGuy I was not referring to Indians. Especially Indian men.

• 9 d ago

Oops: Kids - in your case

• It depends what it’s for in all honesty. My sister is oversea’s with her military husband. We typically send them some American goodies/cash to turn into other currency, and clothes as well. Our siblings are a big part of both of our lives and we would hate to watch them sink when we are financially stable enough to help them swim until they can on their own.

• Yes but only if we can afford it I would be pissed and angry and we would have to have a talk about it if she's sending money to someone and were broke and struggling yo survive

• It's quite common around here. I see two 'classes': First class deserves it. Lower class is a bunch of suckers.
    If it's 'your' culture - then ok. But I expect my own culture to be respected as well.
    50/50 is fine.
    0/100 is … prostitution.

• 11 d ago

Exactly. Couldn't agree more. If they let her marry the guy and ask for a little help from money she earns now and then, then that's just family helping out. If she exists solely to make money off of being with him, and solely to give the vast majority back to them as his payment for them letting him sleep with her, then she is little more than a prostitute.

Sadly, a LOT of families in the Philippines that have lost hope are all too eager to sell their daughters into prostitution. I've seen videos on this. Pinay hookers are everywhere. Some of them are even more aggressive than pickpockets.

• 11 d ago

My recipe: keep your wallet closed enough. Keep your heart open. Once one other heart opened - my wallet is safe and will be shared reasonably.

• He can do whatever he wants with his money. I know I'll do m whatever I want with mine

• Yes, although given that she comes from one of the wealthiest countries in the world, that would be rather unlikely.

• If he's equally provind for your house/family, then yes.
    If you start paying the bigger part, not ok.

• we have his, hers, and ours. She can do whatever she likes with hers. If she wants me to contribute then we will have to talk about it.

• Of course i would be ok with it. Or let me say, it depends on how much tho. Cos we shouldn't poor ourselves just to help them back at home.

• His money, he does what he wants. As long as his mum isn't asking for an unreasonable amount!

• Wtf kinda stupid queation is that . of course whatever i earn is my parent's... and whatver my siblings need im there for them. Gosh when did the world stop caring for their families

• Nope I wouldn't. He doesn't make enough to be able to do that.

• Duh lol.
    Even close friends who are family I would

• As long as they're not being taken advantage of, then yes, it's fine with me.

• If it’s their money then yes I will be okay with it

• Yes, because it his duty to help out as a family member and I would also probably do the same.

• I was okay with spending my own money for her philipine family. But then she cheated and left me.

• Yeah it's fine as long as their parents aren't taking advantage of it

• For a short period of time I would be. But it certainly could not continue forever.

• His money his choicex

• 11 d ago

lol ignore the x- accident 😊

• 11 d ago

Also I would like that he has that kind of character.

• Yeah, I don’t mind.

• If it's his money, wouldn't care

• Yeah but as long as we still have what we need

• Of course I'd be okay with it

• On a regular basis no, I'm not a charity.

• Why not, I'd do the same

• Yes... very much so

• Yes only a little bit

• Sure , it's their money and it's for family

• As long as its there's you have no say

• Sure. If You can help, why not.

• DEPORT!

• Ok? What does that even mean?

• don5 know