Joining GaG, I expected sexual questions to be a major focus. There's all kinds of experiences regarding how the opposite sex feels and feels about things that I am ravenous to know more about. I did not expect to see so many people on here winging about how hard it is to find a SO.
I can't stand this "Nobody settles for average guys" rhetoric I've seen on the front page twice in as many days now. I don't think there's even an inkling of truth to it. I don't like to rate people, it seems dehumanizing, but suffice to say I've known a lot of guys who are married to women most people would consider to be way out of their league, and vice versa. Not just in terms of looks, but when it comes to intellect, finances and charm.
It just seems like a big ol' pity party, and I can't stand that. I'm not super-handsome. I'm an oddball. I used to be super-skinny, but my metabolism is slowing down, and I feel fat now. My frame is still long and relatively skinny, but I've definitely got a bit of a belly; that's super-attractive, right? Just some gangley, fleshy boulder? xD I'm almost totally broke, I live at home, and I have to pinch every penny I have, because I'm constantly worried my financial aid won't be enough to get me through my degree and certification.
And... I still get interested looks, and the occasional flirting semi-regularly. Am I crazy? Is it possible I'm just incredibly, devilishly charming?
Enough listening to me talk. Is it really that hard to get a date now if you put yourself out there? Do you think their standards are too high, or they're just not meeting enough/the right people?
- No, I have a pretty easy time finding a date. Maybe they just aren't looking in the right places, etc.
- Maybe. I don't have a hard time finding a date, but I know a lot of people who do.
- Maybe. I can find plenty of interested people, but few to none I acutally want to date.
- Yes. I don't really know where or how to look.
- Yes. I've dated a few people, but feel like I can't live up to their standards.
- Yes. I crave human contact, but can't seem to find it anywhere.
Most Helpful Girls
I found it easier to find a date when I wasn’t depressed. I think that’s a big issue on the site - people blaming external stuff when really they have anxiety or depression.