Is it normal for your family to get into your relationship drama?

My mom irritates me she's always so caught up in my brother and his gf's drama but obviously she talks down on my brother's girlfriend and not my brother, they been having problems with their relationship but my mom gossips about it with my sister. She never talks about the good things they do, it's only always the bad stuff it's like she like's seeing their relationship fail. It makes me not want to tell her anything if I ever get in a relationship.

125

Most Helpful Guy

• They tried, then they found out that maybe I was right about her being a straight-up evil bitch and her whining and bitching about how bad I was turned out to be verifiable lies. They no longer try, especially after I decided people who would rather go with the liar than me didn't need any contact from me. I didn't announce it, I just cut them off for five years. Then they were a lot more sympathetic to the truth.

Most Helpful Girls

• Not if they’re butting in without your asking or permission. Showing concern and giving advice is totally fine, and it’s sweet that they care. But if they’re going overboard and getting really involved in the situation and just generally making things difficult for you, then you might want to let them know that they need to back off. Support is important, but there are boundaries that need to be respected.

• I don’t think is normal and I don’t approve of that behavior. A relationship is between two people only. No more, no less!