Is it unreasonable to get mad at your boyfriend checking out other girls when he is with you?

4970

Most Helpful Guys

• You have every right to feel any way you authentically feel. No one has the right to tell you not to feel upset.
    But the conversation that follows those feelings depends on what you mean by "checking out other girls."
    Is he merely briefly glancing at other girls as they pass by? Then it's natural and no big deal. I'd say you could joke with him about it. But it's innocent.
    Is he ogling them, making creepy appreciation sounds, winking at them, doing full body spins to drink in the sight of their curves jiggling as they walk? Then he's a disrespectful asshole.
    Is he taking just a bit too long looking at them with a slight smile on his lips? Then he's being very callous and dumb, not taking your feelings into account. He's being moderately rude to you. You should tell him it upsets you. And he should sincerely apologise. And if he doesn't, then that tells you more about who he truly is.

• The girls I'm with usually point out other hot girls for me to look at - but they know that I'm not going to be hitting on those girls or pursuing them in any way, so it's no big deal. It's no different than me checking out a Ferrari that drives by, or you checking out a pair of $800 shoes or a $1500 purse. You are allowed to look all you want - pursuing is a totally different matter.

Most Helpful Girls

• No, it's not, especially if he's not even trying to be discreet about it. I get that my partner has eyes. Just because he's with me, it doesn't mean he can't find other people beautiful and check them out. I also check out other people when I find someone attractive, it doesn't mean I love them any less. But I would never do it super obviously in front of him. I think that's disrespectful. When you're with your partner, your focus should be on them. There's a difference between a subtle glance, and doing a full 180 turn to check out someone's ass when they walk by. The latter is def not cool. So no, I don't think it's unreasonable to be upset if your boyfriend is doing it in a very obvious way. Especially if you've already talked about it and let him know that it hurts your feelings.

• 6 d ago

it doesn't mean I love my partner* any less lol

• It is not unreasonable at all. that's how a normal girlfriend who has feelings for her boyfriend should act. And a normal boyfriend who has feelings for her girlfriend should never do something like that to hurt her. Change your boyfriend. If he can't be satisfied only wirh you then leave him and give him the chance to satisfy his needs with however he wants. He doesn't respect you anyways when he does this and you can find better