Is it really true that the more you're attached to a certain person, the more they abuse you? If so in what way?

5 d ago
In what way would they abuse you?

39

39
  • If a person you care about makes you feel bad about yourself or worthless, then why would you want to be with that person?
    A person you care for has a higher potential to cause pain because you have a deeper relationship with them. That doesn’t make it right.

• 3 d ago

Yeah, he called our relationship and the stuff we talked about all a nonesense apparently. He thought whatever we had wasn't "Real" and also he said he wasn't "Feeling it". I'm getting treated in a terrible way. I miss him. But he doesn't miss me, he used to tell me he cares for me. But now all of a sudden after ghosting me he smacked those words right at my face that he doesn't a shit about me, the way I feel or my rants. Her told me to stop caring about him, because he apparently said he doesn't care...😞😭

• Not really, anybody could abuse you for any reason. The more attached you are to someone, the greater the potential for emotional pain but that's only if there's trouble in the relationship. It's equally true to say that the more attached you are the greater the satisfaction you feel because your happy in your current circumstances.

• 3 d ago

And what if you get attached to a person you met over the Internet but not in reality? And they starting calling your relationship fake and a nonense?

• 2 d ago

Yeah, think so...😕

• 2 d ago

There will always be someone better so don't worry. Plenty of people around to talk to and make friends with 🙂

• If you don’t have boundaries and the ability to be willing to move on when someone mistreats you then you’ll be treated as a doormat by most people. Even if the other person acts nice to everyone else on earth they can treat you like crap.

So if your partner ever does anything even a little disrespectful/dishonest/mean you better call them on it & lay down the law. Don’t give the impression that you’ll just kiss their butt no matter what they do.

• 3 d ago

Good advice I agree on that 100%, but what if you' can't bear to live a life without them? What if you fall into a depression without them around? They also tell you to move on after ghosting you without an explanation. They used you for their own benefit.. Told you to move on after doing so They even admitted it. They even went as far as to tell you to stop caring about them, because they don't care. They clearly said they don't give a shit about you, the way you feel or your rants. When you mentioned to them that they wouldn't even care if you commited suicide the next day, they said "She's not part of my family nor the people I care about... so I wouldn't give a damn thing about it". Yet you cry for them, everyday but you can't move on at all. What would you do then? They are there living their life. Not even for a second you cross their mind. They're happy. You literally don't exist to them. You Just can't help but stalk them and see what they're up to without you. You can't stop crying after seeing them happy without you, and having a nice time while you are sat alone in the dark sobbing for hours. You've literally reached depression. It's hard to live life. You wernt who you once was. What do you do in a horrible situation like this? Incapable of moving on? :(

• 2 d ago

Good luck. The more you focus on something that improves your life, the less time you have to think about ‘it’

• 2 d ago

Yeah...

• Lol, girls certainly love to fantasize about it going that way and I don't know why.

• 3 d ago

Lol well, it's happened to loads of people before... they've been taken advantage of just because the other person abusing them realised no matter what they did, they would get away with anything they desire. That Includes unacceptable, manipulative behaviour.

• 3 d ago

Girls love it though

• 2 d ago

Nope girls don't like being abused and manipulated. Whoever gave you that Idea is a dud.

• It's not true if you find somebody who will respect you and treat you well.

• That's very true they use and abuse the person that more than loves them and would do anything for them that was my case l got treated like shit from a girl a lot of years ago we both lost out as l walked away she never knew that l was going to ask her to marry me and be my wife its so sad

• 3 d ago

Yeah, I feel like a lot of people would do anything for the one they more than care for. Yet they use it in a horrible way, and maybe take advantage. I don't know why they do that. Or what's the sole purpose behind doing that though. They stamp all over you and treat you like crap, and them you see them treat everyone else with respect and love. You start getting upset as to why...

• 3 d ago

Yes very true they think they can take advantage of us as we are nice people but they get a very big shock when we leave them and we are no longer there for them they pretend they are nice to there friends but behind closed doors they are abusers and control freaks to us a girl done that to me a lot of years ago l left her when she went out l packed my case and caught a train back home she come looking for me and begged me to take her back l said no way l don't ever want you back in my life as you hurt me so bad in every way little did she know that l was going to ask her to marry me we both lost out and l am still a single guy as l have a bit of a trust problem

• 2 d ago

Aww I'm sorry about that. I don't know how you managed to move on though without her. Because I've had something similar like that happen with me. It's been a little over a year and I think about him constantly. But he hurt me. The only difference is I walked away and he didn't chase after me or contact me at all, it's as if he doesn't care at all. Because he obviously took advantage and got what he wanted, now he's done with me...

• I think the more you are attached, the more they could abuse you, but I hope that most people aren't inclined to that behavior.

• 3 d ago

But why would they do that? What do they get out of it?

• 2 d ago

When I was 20, I got in a relationship with a woman. She convinced me to move in with her and then slowly began to isolate me from my friends. As much as I was trying to make things work, the more I have the more she demanded. I spent all of my attention and effort trying to keep her happy, that I didn't have the time to think about what was happening to me, and was this really a healthy relationship for me to be in.

I could fill a book with all the screwed up things that happened between us, and I was not always the hapless victim, but I never wanted to dictate every aspect of her life, the way I allowed her to dictate mine.

5 years later and I was still on the same hamster wheel (except by this time we were married). One night I began thinking about my life, started to contemplate ending it. I decided that divorce was probably a better solution. Divorce really sucks by the way, but it was (obviously) a better choice.

I am sure that she still doesn't think she did anything wrong to me. After all, she was only exerting control over me so that I would be a better person, more like her 🙄.

• 2 d ago

Yeah exactly the guy also thinks he didn't do anything wrong and refuses to apologise to me after what he did. He has too much pride and thinks too highly of himself to do apologise. It's too childish and Immature 😕

• Only a person without love will do that

• Every way... It's just human.

• No...

• No lol although the potential to be abused goes up

• 5 d ago

They could abuse you in anyway and if you attach your being to someone you are more likely to accept it as to not lose them it don't mean they will abuse you it just makes it that you will accept it instead of stand up for yourself

• 3 d ago

Yeah I kind of get where you're going with that. I think you mean if you're attached to them you'd accept any type of behaviour that they treat you as. So they think they get away with anything because you're so attached and care for them deeply... Am I correct? Is that what you meant?

• Nooooo, you want abuse.