Treated her badly in past but?

We are boyfriend and girlfriend for 6 months, very much in love and very happy together.

Our race and religion is different but she had studied my religion (Judaism) during her university studies So she knows a lot about my culture and stuff and even goes to synagogues with me.

I didn't treat nicely at first. Acted really mean and was horrible to her. Had even rejected her out of anger and spite and left her. Only to realise a few months later that I was so wrong. Which made me go on a hunt for her. Took 3 months to regain her trust and love.

However , I dont get one thing. I was gone from her life for nearly 1 year. Had treated her badly. Yet she forgave me and got emotional when I told her i wanted our relationship? She said she couldn't hate me or move on from me as I was the same guy she fell in love with when she first saw me.

How did she do this? If I was her, I would never accept myself but how did she do?

30