Someone able to explain love to me?

I dont understand love at all.
I never was in love nor loved anyone in my life, all i felt till now was just sexual attraction and lust.
I had 3 relationships in my life, i honestly didn't cared much about none of the girls i dated. I said things like "im in love with you" or "i love you", i didn't, but i felt like she expected it to hear. She seemed to be very happy hearing it but when she told me that she loved me i couldnt care less, it didn't changed anything, her feelings affects only herself, to me they didn't affect me at all.
Later i broke up with her because it was just a waste of time and resources.

I try my best to feel it too.
When i look at couples doing stuff together i find myself dreaming about having the same, its cute and so lovely, but then i look at what it costs to be with someone and i can't even imagine how one can invest so much time and money into another person. Its just doesn't seem worth it.
Whats the use being with someone, beside sharing housework i dont see any other benefits but a incredibly amount of disadvantages.
Thats my second thought after seeing a couple, thinking about why they love each other despite it being just a hindrance.

And i dont understand how people love at all and always making a big deal out of it. Always hearing about how love is such a wonderful things that is so powerful. And hearing people say if you love me stuff is also a big mystery for me, why does a simple feeling have to have a certain response, expecting someone to behave a certain way. Like it matters at all, its a feeling, someone can be the biggest asshole to you and still love you, he can hurt you but still have the feeling, having feeling doesn't force certain behaviour.

Td;lr
What is the use of love?
Why would people go into relationships despite the overwhelming disadvantages?
Why should love cause certain behaviour?
How can i love?

15