9+ years relationship and he doesn’t want to marry me?

My boyfriend and I have been together for over 9 years and he has no intention whatsoever to marry me. We don’t even live together but he agreed to move in together next year when I’ll be done with school. When we talked about marriage he told me he doesn’t feel the need to get married. What should I do? Does it mean he doesn’t love me or doesn’t love me enough?

67

Most Helpful Girl

• It doesn’t necessarily have anything to do with how he feels about YOU just how he feels towards marriage in general.
    As to what to do about it, how important is marriage for you? If it’s something you’ve always wanted then you shouldn’t have to compromise on such a big life event, but neither should he. This is a good opportunity to see if your ideas on your future match up and if not it may be time to part ways before moving in

Most Helpful Guy

• Why doesn’t he want to marry? When you talked about it have you figured out if he doesn’t believe in marriage overall and why? Or believes in marriage but doesn’t want to marry you specifically?

• 8 d ago

He said he doesn’t believe in marriage but if he had to marry someone the only person he would marry was me

• 8 d ago

No I’m not expecting him to change his mind and if it’s something he doesn’t want to do I would never force him to. I just want to understand if he doesn’t want to marry me because I’m not enough or he doesn’t love me enough or what’s the reason behind it

• 8 d ago

He clearly told you he doesn’t believe in marriage in general, with you or anyone else.

If you honestly don’t expect him to change his mind, do you want to get married someday?