When married should you help pay for spouse's student loan debt?

Here's my situation: My boyfriend is 31 went to school 7 years ago racked up 39k in student loan debt, made an ok amount of money working retail where he was able to save 110k for a down payment on a new home while he is living at home with his parents for 7 years. He has also not furthered his career with his degree. Also, he chose to only make minimum payments for the last 7 years and says that when we get married he expects me to help him pay off his debt since he believes when married "my money and your money is actually our money". I myself am 23, recently graduated college a week ago, racked up 18k in student loan debt and ended up getting a very good paying job at an accounting firm, I am living with parents too so I can save and help quickly pay off my own debt. Is this fair that my boyfriend of 4 years thinks this way?
27
13