Boyfriend broke up with me because he doesn't have feelings for me. Please see details. What shall I do?

My boyfriend of 6 months broke up with me saying he doesn't have feelings for me anymore. He said he did have feelings but he realised its not that strong where he sees me in a romantic way or for a future together. In short he can't love me. He tried a lot to get those feelings but he couldn't. So he said it's better we broke up and asked me to move on. I wanted to meet him once to understand what happend all of a sudden. He refused as he was not comfortable meeting me. I don't understand everything was perfect between us. We had even started discussing to get committed. Then how did he realise he can't see a future suddenly. I have decided to not to contact him till he does or if he does. But I know I don't want to loose him. The last 6 months were not just passing time for both of us. I know the level on which we were involved. If I give him the space and time will he realise and come back to me?
8
4