Is it wrong to leave a guy because of his family?

I have been seeing a guy for about 2 years, and when we first met I thought that a big deal breaker for me was going to be his family because his dad has been in trouble with the law for sexual allegations, his mother does whatever the dad wants, and his only 2 siblings (sisters) have a lot of their own issues as well and hardly associate with my boyfriend. At the time that we started talking it was just for "messing around", but over time I really started to like him as a person and now, 2 years later, we have been together for a while and have been talking about staying together for marriage. I started to think about his family compared to mine, and my family is very close-knit and big and I have a lot of people that I trust in my family. When we started to talk about kids and our future, I realized that our kids would not really know his family because we both agreed they are not the type of people we want our kids to grow up around. I don't want to leave my boyfriend because of his family, but I also had always dreamed of marrying someone with a nice family and having our kids grow up around both families and a lot of love. Now that I have really gotten close to my boyfriend, though, I see how amazing he is as a person and I don't want to essentially "punish" him for not having a good background. What should I do?
Is it wrong to leave a guy because of his family?
Add Opinion