My boyfriend is really sad over his best friend but she's kind of a bit toxic?

So my boyfriend has had this childhood friend and they are really close... But once they got intimate and they both have regretted it ever since... Its her marriage this month and she has a lot of issues going on in her family right now... We started our relationship since like only a month now... But we're really close... He is really busy nowadays and he tries to spend as much as he can with me but also balances his time with her too... But she's getting really jealous about the fact that he doesn't spend all his time with her like before and is really hurting him emotionally by saying stuff like she was just a use n throw material for him and that now he got a new girlfriend... He doesn't need her anymore... Doesn't care for her anymore...
Im trying my best to be supportive and understanding because i know how it feels to be alone when ur going through a really tough time... Hell, i even asked him to spend an entire day or two with her, giving her all his attention so that she won't feel alone... But i don't think that's all she wants from him... The way she's talking... And i don't know how to say this to my boyfriend because she means a lot to him... I don't want him to lose a best friend because of this... What do I do?
2
1