How can I stop being jealous of my boyfriend and best friend growing close?

Anonymous
My boyfriend told me that he wants to become friends with my best friend. It made me uncomfortable but when I said that, he threw back that I am close to a guy who had a crush on me 5 years ago so I had no grounds to say I didn't like it. I have kinda grinned my way through them talking excessively throughout the summer months and when she talks about him a lot, knowing most of the things we have done together before I get to tell her myself. She told my boyfriend about getting a tattoo and only told the rest of her friends including me after the fact. I told myself that as I have a good male friend, it's just the same. The past few weeks they have been talking about going to the cinema together and when they visited town together, she took him clothes shopping helping him pick out clothes. Not suggesting clothes, picking them out for him. The last one I thought I was being stupid with but even my guy friend noted he wouldn't allow me to pick clothes out for him on the bases of his girlfriend would get upset and it's odd. She went out of her way to pick his clothes when he has never allowed me to even offer a suggestion. He is against me even pointing out clothing I like.

I trust my boyfriend not to cheat. I've been hurt in the past but I have faith it won't happen again. However, it's starting to upset me how close they are becoming, most of all when they were flirting and chatting before we got together (I only found out a few months into the relationship, both didn't want to tell me). But I can't express my feelings without my boyfriend pointing out my closeness to my childhood guy friend. I have known him for years, he liked me and I never returned the feelings.

How do I stop being jealous? I have to stop otherwise I fear I will cause a rift between my friend and boyfriend. Am I being stupid?
14
13