If you aren't happy with your partner and think he isn't bettering himself, would you talk to him about it and try to find some solutions?

My ex's idea of bettering myself was getting an $11 an hour job at a truck stop 15 miles away where I'd have to come in at 2, 3, or 4 in the morning. Such a job would have obviously prevented me from doing substitute teaching, which I needed to do to get certified as a teacher and get a teaching position (something I think would qualify as bettering myself).

Yet she still blathers about me allegedly not "bettering myself". Oh, did I mention I was in a poor rural area where people usually only get hired for any position because they know someone?
No, I would just complain to my therapist and online friends
Yes, I would try to understand and work with him
GirlGuy
1
3