Why does my ex feel this way?

My ex boyfriend broke up with me about 3 weeks ago and he was a rlly good boyfriend but said the distance was rlly hard and he was always missing me. Last weekend I texted him to meet up and he said he missed his military unit because of that and texted me all day asking me how I was doing and stuff. When we were together he drove an hour and a half to see me and I could tell he tried rlly hard to make this work. After the breakup I told him that I missed talking to him and he said he missed talking to me too but it still couldn’t work. We eventually agreed to be friends although he brought up the idea of friends with benefits but I shot the idea down and he said he brought it up because i was receptive to the idea and he saw me for much more than that. When we met up last weekend we were in the car and he said he never had a booty call before but said he was joking. We did end up kissing and he gave me a hickey which he did when we were dating so I was kinda confused lol. Afterwards he teased me a little bit and mimicked me which made me laugh and I told him I got invited to a party and the guy was tall and he was like “not all tall guys are cute, you think all of them are cute?” And kinda shrugged it off. The day after he viewed both my Snapchats and this weekend I’m back in town and posted something saying I was back and he viewed that fast and I posted something tonight and he viewed that within five minutes. Last weekend I texted him so I don't know if he’s expecting a text or not. Ik he still has feelings but am I making him suffer?
Why does my ex feel this way?
Add Opinion