Not sure what to do with this. I asked my girlfriend to move in and she wants a ring? Huh?

twotimestwo
We're older, I'm 50 and she's 51. We've been dating for exactly one year. I thought I'd ask her to think about the question of her moving into my house. She's in an apartment a half hour from here. I said that it wasn't an invitation, rather it was a thought that I would present to her for contemplation. Just to think about the idea of it. Our relationship has been going very well.
She's a very independent intelligent woman who seems very insecure in relationships. An interesting mix.

Anyway, she loves the idea, then says she wants a ring on her finger first or at the very least express that marriage was not off the table for us. (we've both been married twice before, not recently though)

Yikes!
I replied that marriage was not off the table for me but wasn't ready for an engagement.
Well, she took that hard and was crying on and off all day. She said she felt rejected.
Later that day we had an odd conversation about stomach issues. She said she was sick and said she had some digestion problems. I said that it was more than I needed to know, like I get it when you're sick and enter into the bathroom. I don't need details. Well, she cried at that too, saying she needs to feel comfortable telling me things. ? I really thought she was having a rough emotional day. There was nothing I could do to ease things. She ended up sleeping on the couch and I was feeling odd. I almost regret the whole conversation about moving in together.
This was not what I was expecting.
3
21