I snapped and threw something to the ground. Then my boyfriend threw it at me. What’s wrong with me?

Anonymous
I was upset about something my boyfriend did and he asked what was wrong because I was quiet. I told him that what he did hurt my feelings but that it’s okay and I’d get over it in a few minutes, I just wanted a little space for a few minutes. He didn’t like that answer and kept pressing the issue, saying he didn’t do anything wrong and that he wanted a real response from me. I told him I just want to have a nice day with him without arguing and to give me space for a few minutes to cool down.

He wouldn’t stop pushing my buttons and kept telling me I was being rude so I started to get irritated and we started arguing. I tend to be a calm person that avoids conflict, but when I get mad I get passive aggressive.

We pulled into a fast food place. He asked if I wanted food and I said no thank you. He got me food anyway. I said I could pay him back and he insisted no and we continued arguing. Eventually he was screaming very loudly and swearing and it hurt my ears. I have anxiety and started crying because I was getting an anxiety attack from the yelling. I snapped and yelled at him to stop yelling and threw the food to the ground out of anger. We’ve been together 3 years and I’ve never done that. He then got mad, screamed louder, picked up the food and threw it at me as I cried.

I feel so stupid to let myself do that. I apologized, but he doesn’t think he didn’t anything wrong. I feel like it’s all my fault. What’s wrong with me?
3
0