I have a crush on this guy and I really need help, I might have already screwed up. Anyone?

24fyre
So I first saw him like a year ago. Basically when i saw him something in me healed, I can't even explain it. But i had never felt that way about someone before. I was in a relationship with someone else but I had to leave because I still felt like I needed my crush and no one else. I can't love anyone else. And yet I still haven't talked to him. We do occasionally smile at eachother but we haven't spoken.. so I'm kind of worried the lack of communication already screwed up my chances. I've been trying to move on for almost a year now, but I can't. What do I even do? Should I talk to him? I'm so confused, and if i chose to just move on, what if i never move on and never truly love anyone else because I still like him. I really need help, I can't stop thinking about this.
Updates:
27 d
Thank you for all the great replies! I think I will talk to him really soon, next time I see him. What do I say though? Do I just introduce myself and make a small conversation or.. what?
I have a crush on this guy and I really need help, I might have already screwed up. Anyone?
Add Opinion