How does one stop worrying that the new person their with isn't going to hurt me like my ex did?

Anonymous
After being in 3 year toxic relationship my finally broke up with for silly reasons played around with my emotions for about 7 months started seeing someone else whilst sleeping with me.

i then found the power to finally let go and stopped seeing him, that's when we stopped speaking, i was free of the toxicity. i didn't leave before because i was convinced if i did enough to make him see i still wanted him he might get back together with me.

after i rejected seeing him 4 days after i saw on social media he had moved on, i knew that this could of have happened already but i was in denial, he posted a couple photo and it broke me. i then started therapy and downloaded tinder, and tried to heal and move on.

i then started speaking to this really great guy, who i am currently with, he is a couple years older, so caring, so understanding, nothing like what i was with before. he knows what i had been through and understands there will be times when i will feel that he will do to me my ex will do to me.

everytime i break down and feel this way, he talks with me about it calmly and understanding and helps me in every way i can, i always assume he will get mad at me, just because my ex was like this, but he tells me no.

i dont want to worry about if he is going to hurt me the way my ex did, he has already proven he is very different from my ex in so many ways, i dont want to keep feeling this way and burden him with my emotions. i want to be in the happy bubble i am in and live my life with him happily. how does one trust this complete different, new person in my life instead of feeling so down and always pushing them away?
2
0