In your ideal relationship, are you friends with your S/O? How are relationships and friendships different?

DorkVader
Inspired by a discussion with @Rangers, are romantic relationships to exclude friendship? What would this even look like? Or do you wish to marry someone who can be your friend and lover?

Random meme added for shit's and giggles.
25 d
There are a lot of very interesting point of views expressed here! I want to thank everyone who has commented so far, because I'm pretty amazed with the answers so far.
25 d
My best friend married a man that loved her and there was attraction, but they didn't like each other. He was a brooding artist type, she loved the outdoors. They eventually came to enjoy antiquing together. But she said it was the worst relationship because they weren't friends. After her divorce, she found a man she loves and likes. He's not her best friend, but they play and have a good time. She says this is the best relationship she's ever been in.
12
6