Two different women say that I misinterpreted their signs of interest, and forced myself on them, I've tried dating other women, why can't I move on?

winterfox10
Last year I effectively lost most friends I made in college because I (allegedly) misinterpreted two women's behavior as flirtatious and was apparently "forcing myself on them, despite clear signs that they weren't interested." All of my male friends ended up taking the women's side, and my female friends have either refused to take a side, or straight up agree with me. If you want to know the back stories of each of those women, I would be happy to answer your questions at length.

Even though I have the support of the women's girlfriends (or at least not their animosity), and even though I got the input of almost 3 dozen other women about their signals; my male friends have decided that I'm creepy. Obviously, if the girl says no, that's the end of that, and I have since dated other women. But I can't get passed this "misinterpretation" nonsense. I actually don't even care about losing my friends, in hindsight they were pretty shitty. I guess the takeaway is that I either didn't misinterpret, OR, I had good reason for doing so... for some reason that vindication isn't enough though.

Why am I having such trouble getting over this?
3
4