Have you ever had a relationship that felt magically different from your other relationships?

OlderAndWiser u
In 1981, I dated a girl named Suzanne. She and I worked together. (In 2020, I would tell you that this was a bad idea. Many years ago, I was YoungerAndStupider.) We were friends at work before we started dating. I always felt comfortable with her. We could talk on the phone for hours and there was never a lull when we had nothing to say. When we were together, I always felt better just being near her. Unfortunately, that was in Tampa and later that year, I moved back home to Jacksonville. I should have commuted to keep seeing her but I didn't. HUGE mistake. Suzanne, I'm so very sorry that I was so very stupid and foolish!

In 2015, I started dating Ivy. She was a retired judge and we had a tremendous amount in common. We had many common friends and acquaintances, many common interests. I also felt very comfortable with her. Our relationship developed relatively slowly but we were spending weekends together within 4-5 months. For the first year, I felt that same magic. Unfortunately, I fell in love with her but she only fell in like with me. After two years, I said goodbye because I knew she would never love me. Ivy, I'm not sorry that I broke up with you, but I am sorry that you can't love someone else.

That's what I'm hoping to find again, combined with mutual love and commitment. Have you ever had one of those relationships and it felt magically different from everything else?
12
20