Is it ever okay to just claim someone as your boyfriend without asking?

Anonymous
So I was dating and talking with this guy for a while and we slept together last night. I started lowkey panicking and said “I can’t believe I slept with somebody else” and he asked what I meant and asked if I had a secret boyfriend or something. To which I replied “no your my boyfriend now😂”. He just laughed and smiled and then started kissing me but he didn’t clarify how he felt about me just declaring our relationship status so bluntly. However, I know he might secretly have some inhibitions about suddenly being claimed like that. Most guys so start flipping the script after getting what they wanted. If he does feel hesitant to get on the same page as me I won’t want anything to do with him further. I don’t want to get hurt and I won’t entertain engaging in relationship behavior with no title. Still, should I at least call him and double check so he knows I’m serious. Or was his lack of resistance a sign that he is on the same page as me
7 d
Jokes on everyone who doubted me. He was glad to know I was serious☺️ And we are officially official now🤞
53
27