Do you expect a "thank you" from your significant other when you give him/her something?

David92506
I've been in a relationship with a woman for over 2-years and everything is great. I give her financial support once a month and at first, she would send me a thank you card each time. It's a long-distant relationship and we primarily write letters. I give her money through Paypal. Lately, she hasn't sent me any thank you cards or even acknowledge she has received the money.
I wrote to her and asked if she has received the money. She said she thought she said thank you in the letter she sent me. And in June there was no acknowledgment that she received the money.
Now, she hasn't responded to my last letter. I just don't understand why someone won't spend the cost of a stamp on a postcard saying she got the money and a thank you.
Am I being petty?
If you are in a relationship, do you accept things for granted and don't bother saying "thank you?"
22
16