It's a bit long but can you read and help me?

Anonymous
I am 32 years old, veteran from army, not so good looking but always in the positive side of the life guy. I had a relationship for over 6 years. With ups and downs. I've met this girl in some online game and in couple months we meet irl, things got really good then we started to see eachother almost every week for that 6 and almost half years.. only got seperated for 2 months.. dont remember the details..

My problem is, i dont give value to materials.. For example, rings necklaces, photographs, gifts etc.. I have a diary i keep things like that inside of it.. Well i've tried it at least..
I've got seperated from this girl, simply because of the communication problems.. We couldnt meet eachother cuz her family (mostly her father.) didn't want me. Since im not good looking or filthy rich, her father did not approved me and said to her 'he is no good. he is older than you and he can't take care of you' and she didn't defend me, i tried to contact him. her father didn't wanted to speak with me, so i said to my girlfriend 'okay then. if you want we can go to separate ways with out lives..' and she didn't want that either.. she kept being with me while lying to her father we got seperated... but that made some problems.. since she can't come and see me that often, we started to have communication errors..

I want to get to the point.. I still have some sort of feelings towards this person.. And i still sometimes think about her. Sadly i can't get over it. Some of you will say 'go and find someone new' and i could agree to that person, but it is not that easy to find myself a new partner, since i would feel like im using the other person as a band-aid.. and ultimately that would create some more problems on its own.. so i dont want to ruin someone elses life..

Would you please offer me some help with this?
Its a bit long but can you read and help me?
1
1