I can't stand my mother being fake to my boyfriend... is this a normal reaction?

Anonymous
I really can't stand fake people that smile and talk garbage behind your back. I feel absolutely disappointed that my own mother is acting that way. I expected better from her, the person that taught me morals and values, to be true to myself, to not lie, to be a better person, etc.

She once issued him an insincere apology over the phone and he could already tell. Then I still recalled the time she said ''If he comes to marry you, I'll fake being nice, I'll fake everything on the wedding too, I hate him to death''. I kept this conversation a secret for the longest till I blow up and couldn't hold it anymore.

At some point, I told him about the entire conversation and everything she said about him over the years. He didn't know that part but now he does. I couldn't stand all this farce anymore. I felt he deserved to know just like I would want to know if someone in his family was being a fake to me.
1 y
I also reconfirmed that he was right at the time... that her apology was fake and that she was still talking garbage about him days after saying sorry. I felt he needed to know this. How are you making peace with someone if it's fake?

I want to be the person that was taught morals and values, not a gossiping, hypocrite. She's acting exactly about the very thing I hate about my gender... the typical lady that's a fake person, gossiping about you nonstoppable.
2
0