My crush told me he’s serious about not wanting to be in a relationship, but still wants to hang out. what does that mean?

Anonymous
My crush and i finally talked. it was mostly me snapping him in the beginning, but he eventually snapped me back. We were kind of flirting over snapchat which eventually lead to him telling me we should hang out. Yesterday i jokingly told him i expected him to pick me up from the airport within 5 mins (just got home from vacation) and he said “shit dont think ill make it” and then sent a snap of him half naked in his bed. i send him a snap saying “jk xoxo” and then suddenly he starts typing for like a minute, so i kinda got nervous. He literally said “listen, i’m not looking for a relationship, i dont know if you are, but i want you to know i’m not. I think you’re such a nice girl and i really want to hang out with you, but i want you to know i’m serious about this. if that’s not what you're looking for then sorry, but if it is then i want you to know this” so i responded with “Noo im not looking for a relationship, even if i were, we should hang out more often to know if i really like you or not, because we aren't that close. but if we’re being honest now, i did have a small crush on you and i do enjoy talking to you” and then he said “i really love talking to you too & i think it’s sweet what you’re saying, but i want you to know i’m serious about not being wanting to be in a relationship. Lets hang out soon though. plus, the reason i broke up with my ex is because i dont want to be in a relationship, because i can’t handle it. i do still love her though”

so like, i know it’s straight up what he’s saying, but i’m still so confused. why would he want to hang out with me? is it just to have sex?
2
2