Is it normal to start developing feelings for your friend with benefits?

Imasanegirl
2013 is when I met my friend, in 2014 on Valentine’s Day he asked me out but I declined because I thought he was womanizer and a gangbanger. But we stayed friends after that. Come to 2019 on Valentine’s Day, we slept with each other for the first time.
I remember when we worked together (that’s how we met), he would give me hugs from behind and say I was the only girl who actually talked to him. We met when I was 18 and he was 25. Just recently, we’ve started sleeping together more and I’ve started to develop feelings for him.
I asked him out this year and he said while he would love to be in a relationship, he’s happy being single and he knows I’ll make another guy happy.
I wasn’t affected by his rejection since we still slept with each other after that.
He constantly says that he’s still shocked that he can’t believe we slept with each other and that we still do.
I’m starting to feel something for him and I feel like a fool knowing he’s not into me that way.
He's not the best looking guy, but after knowing him for so many years, I know that he’s a really great guy I shouldn’t have judged him based off his looks.
Is it normal to have feelings for your casual sex partner?
6
1