Why does my coworker always ask if I’m okay and is worried he’ll offend me?

Anonymous
sometimes my coworker asks if I’m okay or if I’m good and sometimes he’s worried he’ll offend me and it’s just like why, why does he ask if I’m okay or cares how I feel. I don’t think it would make much of a difference if I were to be to be like, no I’m actually not okay, like what is he going to do. Every time he asks I’m okay I get so sad and like emotional because I’m not, but have to pretend I am, because I’m at work and don’t want them thinking I’m unhappy. Last week I got a little upset and he asked if I was good and I was like yeah I’m fine, and then he asked me again, like are you really okay cause he saw what happened and thought it was intense and felt bad for me. And I just told him yeah like it’s not a big deal but deep down i felt so small and useless.. but yeah why does he keep asking me if I’m okay; what is his intention
2
0