What to do when you are going through a rough patch in a relationship?

Gameu
I am dating this guy for 4 months now, and it is both of our first ever relationship. I am sad and disappointed by how he doesn't initiate a lot of the times or he doesn't know how to comfort me when I am sad. He is really bad at picking up cues and he forgot about some of the deepest conversations we had. I am trying to be understanding because he lacks experience in the dating field. I have thought about ending it with him, but whenever I think of the possible future we can have together and how sweet he can be sometimes make me want to stay with him. Recently, I am really distracted by my feelings going back and forth between loathing him and loving him. It is so bad that I can't focus on the things I have to do in life.
8 d
by the way all the problems I mentioned above I have of him, he say he's new to this and he will try to change for me, but I haven't seen any results. But given we are still pretty fresh into a relationship that I don't know if he will actually live up to what he promised.
5
4