Should partners let each other know what bothers them about the other?

ChurchOfSteel
So, my girlfriend is pretty fucking annoying sometimes. I ask her when I end up getting a little annoyed, "Isn't there anything about me that annoys you?" She responds "no" every single time. I'm like, that doesn't make any sense. How can someone do nothing to annoy you ever? Bear in mind, we've been living together for 8 months. And even within that, she does not leave me alone for the barest of minutes, except when I'm brushing my teeth or taking a shower.

My thing is, look, I will try to be the best person I can be. And, sure, I will take some of your annoyances into account and think about changing that part of myself, so we can have a stronger and more stable relationship. I'm willing to go to those lengths, if it's stuff like "It annoys me when you cut me off," or, "It annoys me when you slam the doors at 3AM in the morning." Right? I mean, I don't think I'm asking for the impossible or asking her to fundamentally change "who she is". I'm just saying, "You know those parts of yourself that are narcissistic and douchebaggy? Could you... you know... work on those?"

That's not unreasonable, is it?
Yes, partners should work on growing together and becoming more compatible than they already are--even if they are very compatible.
No. Changing another person is impossible. We are who we are, and if you don't mix, you don't mix. Accept it or find someone else.
GirlGuy
8
10