It’s been a year and he still pops into my head. What do I do?

Anonymous
it’s been a year now that my crush and I graduated and we went our separate ways. The most recent contact from him was telling me happy birthday on Facebook with “much love ❤️“. It’s been a year and I like to think that I have mostly gotten over him but a small part of me reacts so intensely when I think of him or interact with him in some way. It hurts because I regret a lot of things such as I should’ve moved faster and more confident, and stopped being anxious and overthinking. I’m not even sure anymore if I even want to get over him. I can see he has a new girl who isn’t in our mutual friends but he comments on her instagram pics, so I’ve gathered that they have a thing but are not entirely together yet. A part of me is relieved but another part is still so hurt. I thought he really liked me in the past too, but he never made a legitimate move. He made me feel so different and alive when we were together and I’m having a hard time letting that feeling go.
4
1