How likely is it that a long term relationship between a 41 year old woman and a 26 year old man could work out?

Anonymous
I'm currently a 41 year old woman dating a much younger 26 year old man. We have very similar maturity levels (he's very mature for his age and I'm honestly probably a bit immature for my age). We both feel a lot of chemistry between us and don't notice an age difference unless someone points it out. That doesn't happen too often because I do look quite a bit younger than I am (I don't look 15 years younger, but I could pass for 10 years younger). We are both very emotionally, intellectually, physically, and sexually attracted to each other. When it specifically comes to sexual attraction I can honestly say I've never been with anyone I feel more sexually compatible with. We've decided (if we get far enough) we want at least 1 kid together (if not 2) We'll try to have kids the old fashion way, but if that doesn't work he's very OK with either adopting or doing IVF. I've got 2 girls (ages 13 and 15), and they both love him so much they tell me they want me to marry him. He's financially independent and has never asked me for money (and has refused it when I've offered it to him) so I know he's not a gold digger.

However, we are in different stages in life (I've got an established career and he's finishing grad school). Although my girls approve of him the rest of my family (and most of his family) thinks the age gap is pretty weird. Sometimes I do get intimidated by how much younger his is than me (not too much, but sometimes it does happen a bit).

With all this being said how likely do you think it is a long term relationship between us could work out? Explain why you think that (please).

FYI my husband died 5 years ago. That's why I'm not with him now.
3
0