In this day and age, what are the reasons that make some people justify violence in a relationship?

I have to admit, one of the positive things I've seen on here is that many, many g@gers, even those with whom I have strong disagreements with, all share the feeling of condemnation of violence in a relationship.
For those of you who know me, you know that despite all my faults I find physical violence as a big no no, both in suffering it myself or perpretating it on my fiancée.
Still, I have read some scarce opinions, both here and off-site, that justify the use of violence - not as self-defense, but as a resource - in the relationship.
In your opinion, what makes someone justify or even promote violence?
30 d
I'm proud in saying that even in my situation, I follow the road of non violence.
Refusing to eat, vomiting what I eat, and exposing myself to cold night hair.
30 d
Can I call the police on her for restraining me?
4
11