I'm not sure if he wants an actual relationship or just sex?

Anonymous
A couple weeks ago I went to party with my friends and the person I have eyes on ( we'll call him John). I had a little to much to drink and ended up hanging all over and talking to John and ended up asking him to come back to my apartment (which is not something I ever do). He told me i was just drunk and instead brought me back home and put me to bed. When I woke up the next morning I had no recollection of the night before and had my friend tell me everything. I was going to apologize to John but decided that if he didn't say anything then I wouldn't either. This went on for a couple weeks until today. I got a message asking if I knew what happened and i told him yes and apologized. He said it was no big deal and that he actually wanted to ask me something. He asked me that now that i'm sober if the option of coming back to my apartment was still on the table. I told him that I don't sleep with anyone I'm not in a relationship with. he was really respectable about it and said that he understood. Now i'm in the predicament that I want to start a relationship with him but I'm not sure if he wants an actual relationship or just sex. I also don't want him to use me for just sex. Yes I know I could ask him and avoid all this but I just wanna see if anyone has been in a similar situation.
4
1