My girlfriend makes a lot more money than me. I don't want it to bother me, but in all honesty it does. How can I stop being bothered by it?

Anonymous
My girlfriend makes a lot more money than me. I dont want it to bother me, but in all honesty it does. How can I stop being bothered by it?
I'm in a great relationship with an amazing girl I care about a lot. We honestly do have a great relationship and care a lot about each other. However, there is one particular aspect of the relationship I've been struggling with: the fact that she makes way more money than me. I'm a poor grad student and she's already got a well established career that makes her a lot of money. I know it's stupid, but the fact that I'm the financially lesser in the relationship does hurt my sense of masculinity. There are times she wants to go do something that's way too expensive for me. When I tell her I can't afford it she automatically tells me I don't have to worry about it and that she can pay for it. This usually does not make me feel good (although I don't actually express that to her). I know it's dumb, but there is something about the idea of being able to provide financially that makes me feel worthwhile. When I'm not able to do that there's a part of me that feels a bit worthless in the relationship. However, I know that this is really dumb. I want to be proud of my girlfriend's success and not be bothered by the gap in how much we make, but if I'm being honest that's not how I feel. How can I stop being bothered by the income gap between me and my girlfriend? How can I be purely proud of her and not at all bothered/intimidated by the fact I make a lot less?
40
57