Why do people defend those with a borderline personality disorder?

Anonymous
My ex abused me for years. Did I deserve to be physically, verbally, emotionally and mentally abused? He threw objects at me all the time, he was highly controlling and manipulative, I couldn't do anything without his approval, he fears abandonment, the day I heard my friend was in the ICU, I cried, and he was so jealous and angry at me, he said I never cried for him like that, he asked why I was crying for my friend, and he punished me for it. Now that I think about it, it was so wrong and horrible for him to say that. I didn't have friends, I rarely hung out with my family, and when I visited them, he made it impossible for me to spend time with them, because while he was at work, he always called and texted me, I never had time alone with myself, because he always called and texted me, he made me stay on the phone or on FaceTime with him while he was at work, if we weren’t on the phone, he texted nonstop. He accused me of cheating every day until I started to hang out at his job with him, which felt nice for a while, but eventually he began to accuse me of cheating on him over the phone, and it messed me up emotionally and mentally, I remember crying and handing him my phone, telling him to please just take it from me, and saying I don't want my phone anymore, because I don’t want to argue about this anymore, I did everything I could to prove to him that I loved him and I would never cheat on him or hurt him. When he hit me, beat me, threw objects at me, and pushed me to the ground, sometimes I cried instantly because of the pain, and as soon as he saw me crying, he started crying and told me he wouldn't do that if I hadn't made him angry, he would often say he had to punish me. He constantly accused me of not paying any attention to him, and that's one of many other reasons I was physically abused, I lied to my family and his side of the family about all the bruises on my body, because I was terrified of him, his extreme reactions, borderline rage.
17 d
People on yahoo answers attack me and accuse me of being a heartless person any time I say something negative about a woman with borderline personality disorder, she acts so much like my ex.
17 d
Common Co-Occurring Disorders for Borderline Personality Disorder. People who have both BPD and narcissistic personality disorder are typically very destructive when it comes to relationships. Extreme fear of rejection, intense emotional displays, lack of empathy for others, and manipulative behavior make interpersonal situations very difficult.
0
1