What can my mother do to gain my fiance's trust?

Anonymous
Long ago, my mother nearly created a mess in our relationship and we nearly broke up. She lied to him several times (one day she confiscated my cell and told him I was sick with a sore throat), gossiped bad about him to others, nagged me into breaking up, threw hurtful insults at him right on Thanksgiving Day, disrespected his parents, then faked a truce and pretended to like him for years. He already knew she was faking it and would play dumb.

It got to the point where he held grudges against her. One day he admitted that he couldn't stand her at all and that he hates fake people. It's only been a year that he was able to prove her wrong (she saw it with her own eyes when he pushed me away from an upcoming collision, narrowly missing him by a foot), that he always loved me.

Here is the issue:
He already forgave her but it doesn't mean he wants to be his friend at this moment. He's maintaining his distance and rarely speaks to her other than ''hi, bye, is she available'' or short trivial stuff. She has changed into a better person, isn't into gossiping anymore, isn't a fake person anymore, is more into God and adores him by now. He informed me just because he has forgiven doesn't mean he forgot and that it'll take time before he can trust her. The good news is he's willing to give her a chance but she has to earn it.

So what can she do to gain his trust? What would you do if you were her? What are the steps to gaining someone's trust and proving to them that you changed and really mean what you say?
2
2