Is it in my head or is this really a reason to break up?

GoldenTulip
So i have a relationship with this guy for a couple of weeks now. We had some arguments before we started officially. I know him since April this year. But everytime we get a discussion because he thinks i react jealous or harsh on the way he says things. But he doesn't realise that it's the words and tone he uses. I give an example. He says "Before i only looked at appearance not inside. My ex girlfriend was so beautiful totally my style but her personality wasn't good". Then i asked "So what did you think of me when you saw me?" He replied: "You are normal average, nowadays normal people are instantly beautiful if they have a good heart"... is it weird that it makes me feel bad? And i said that i like to try parttime modelling again maybe. (I did that before), and it was just a example for job ideas. He said as response "Well then you need to upgrade yourself and make a more beautiful body"... and he feels stressed and hate it that i cried. He just doesn't get the whole point... he is not a topmodel himself.. but i would never say such things to someone i care about.. The thing is... I told him that i am happy with myself as i am... and that i feel that i am never good enough.. then i am good in the inside but the outside is not good. Perfect people don't exist.. but everytime his words come over like that for me... Am i wrong for feeling bad about this? This is a reason to break up, right? How do you guys see this... and what should i do?
Is it in my head or is this really a reason to break up?
Add Opinion