If your partner cheated or engage in any sort of inappropriate encounter with the opposite sex, should you consider it an "open relationship"?

Cherrylicious
This goes for married couples as well. But If I was in what a thought was a exclusive monogamous relationship where I assumed and thought I was the one and only and he cheats I would then consider it an open relationship and tell him that he's free to date/sleep with whomever he wants because I believe that the moment they decided to flirt with or have sex with that other person, they have already agreed to an open relationship because they've opened it by stepping outside the relationship to have a romantic encounter (something that only the 2 of you were supposed to share together) with someone else.

Which will leave me free to date other people as well and will no longer owe that person any explanations or be "exclusive" with them nor obligate myself to sleep with him since they've broken that agreement by sleeping with someone else and I will not be reconsidering a monogamous relationship with that person again and just leave that relationship open.

But that's just me 🤷
1 mo
Also I would not care if he gets upset about me dating other guys since he brought this upon himself and therefore he could not call it cheating since he's opened the relationship.
4
1