3+ years with my current girlfriend - I feel like I might have a crush on a girl from work?

Anonymous
Hey everyone,

I am in a bit weird situation. I am living with my girlfriend and we are more than 3 years together. I love her a lot and she loves me, and we both respect each other and enjoy each other's company. She is nothing like my ex (5 years together) and she takes most relationship classic issues much easier. A smart woman, speaks a few languages (fluently), has a cool sense of humor, understands and knows me - I don't even have to say anything, etc.

About a month ago, a new girl came to work with us. She is about my age, very smart, and very beautiful. The classic rare no make-up pure beauty and an insanely sweet smile, if you know what I mean. But that is not what's so appealing about her, the issue is bigger than that. The thing that I liked the most about her is the fact that we truly understand each other's humor (a dark and creepy one at times), we can speak for hours - mostly not about work but a general talk and it feels like a truly awesome connection. It's important to say that she has a boyfriend for about the same time.

Going to jump to something a bit different, forgive me. I in general prefer having female friends because my best male friend in the past had a big role in my break-up with my ex. Made it a bit less "appealing" to be friends with guys and somehow I found myself surrounded by mostly female friends and maybe 2 male friends (actually good human beings). All this refers to the fact that I am feeling something that I haven't felt for a very long time and never felt towards a female friend - a huge firey feeling in my chest when I think about her (happens a lot, I really don't know why lol). I can't figure out what this feeling is and what I should do about it.

Guys - What would you do about a situation like that?

Girls - Do similar things happen to you from time to time? How do you solve them?
1
9